What makes you special?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Iā€™m in a new place with new people I tend to stand like everyone else stands but if Iā€™m in a comfortable environment then Iā€™ll stand how itā€™s comfortable to me lol
Oh ok, so you can stand "normally" but its just very uncomfortable?
I wonder if a doctor could help you. Like a chiropractor or something. Maybe nothing invasive like surgery, but therapy that helps your knees. That way you can be more comfortable.

Oh ok, so you can stand "normally" but its just very uncomfortable?
I wonder if a doctor could help you. Like a chiropractor or something. Maybe nothing invasive like surgery, but therapy that helps your knees. That way you can be more comfortable.
Yes, I can stand normally. Itā€™s not painful or anything but itā€™s not as comfortable as Iā€™d like to be. It doesnā€™t stop me daily or anything, but Iā€™ll likely have knee issues forever. Iā€™ve had knee issues since as long as I can remember. Just aches here and there playing sports as a kid but nothing major.

My eldest sister on the other hand doesnā€™t have hyper extensive knees but has knee problems in general! Sheā€™s 29 and has had 4 knee surgeries and a ligament surgery. I proudly get to say my sister has a pig ligament in her leg! Lol šŸ˜‚

Yes, I can stand normally. Itā€™s not painful or anything but itā€™s not as comfortable as Iā€™d like to be. It doesnā€™t stop me daily or anything, but Iā€™ll likely have knee issues forever. Iā€™ve had knee issues since as long as I can remember. Just aches here and there playing sports as a kid but nothing major.

My eldest sister on the other hand doesnā€™t have hyper extensive knees but has knee problems in general! Sheā€™s 29 and has had 4 knee surgeries and a ligament surgery. I proudly get to say my sister has a pig ligament in her leg! Lol šŸ˜‚
Sounds like you may have a collagen disorder like me. Hyperextended knees are a key sign. Especially the family history and your sisters ligament problems

Sounds like you may have a collagen disorder like me. Hyperextended knees are a key sign. Especially the family history and your sisters ligament problems
I quite possibly could have that! I have no clue!

I remember one day as a kid I had go to gets all these tests done because hypertension can cause lots of problems. I was like 4-5 and donā€™t remember much of it. I remember I had to get my heart looked at though. I still really donā€™t know what was going on. Iā€™ll have to ask lol

Anyone have any birth marks, quirks, or disabilityā€™s that they are proud of? Iā€™ll go first
I have Leucism(basically Iā€™m partly albino) and I have Touretteā€™s syndrome. Iā€™m also a triplet(two of us are identical(almost) one is ā€œthe deviantā€ as I call her hehe sibling rivalry) and I guess itā€™s not a disability or birth mark but it makes me a lil different so Iā€™m slapping it in here View attachment 160742
You are a beauty.

I was lucky enough not to be born with anything that would cause me issues. However, I have royally messed up my left leg from the knee down. Three years ago I rolled over on my knee when I was sledding. My dad said walk it off, so I did, but it still causes me issues especially when I do my tumbling class, and looking back on it Iā€™m pretty sure I dislocated it. Three months ago I sprained my ankle during my tumbling class. I needed crutches for a month, and I still have to wear a brace pretty much all the time, plus occasionally the crutches if I do something to mess it up again.

I also have the genetic potential for type one diabetes that can be activated by something as simple as a cold. The virus could mess up my body and cause it to trigger an autoimmune disorder that I would have for the rest of my life. It happened to my sister last year, and now Iā€™m really scared itā€™s going to happen to me too. I see what she deals with on a daily basis, and even though I love and support her, Iā€™m so scared that it will happen to me, and I donā€™t know if I would be able to be as strong as she is.

As for something Iā€™m proud of, I like to think I have the ability to step into any situation that might need me. Iā€™ve had to fill in twice in a musical for two different roles that I was not prepared for (one of which was a lead!), when I was only backstage crew. Iā€™ve handled many minor injuries, drama, and making sure people are where they are supposed to be and keeping things running smoothly. I like to think Iā€™m a jack of all trades šŸ˜…

Last edited:
Another discussion about the possibility of life on other planets made me think of this...

I have an IQ (intelligence quotient) of 180+ which is considered genius level or above. This actually led to my having issues in school. My parents sent me to a shrink due to my school issues and he decided I was just bored in school. I mean what did 9X9=81 mean to me in third grade when I was doing 3 variable algebraic equations at home when I was in 3rd grade? :dunno:

Of course the IQ never actually made me a genius. IQ is about potential, not automatic intelligence. By the time I was in 7th grade I got tired of all the tests and interference and started to refuse to take tests or would deliberately choose wrong answers. I was a kid and just wanted to play baseball, football and play with my pet rabbit. They would not let me be a kid so I just quit cooperating.

I did end up with possible scholarships but turned down to go in the U.S. Navy under nuclear propulsion ratings. In hind sight I should have taken one of the full scholarships as I lost an eye in a freak accident and was medically retired from the Navy and, of course, the scholarships were then gone.

So if I said I was Santa Claus you would believe me? Many kids do...
Your not Santa Clause, my dad is. And I'm meant to take over when he retires but I will be dead long before that happens :(

--------------------
Santa isn't real? you learn something everyday...but at least the Easter Bunny is real!
I ate the Easter bunny years ago. Maybe one of his kids is still running the show but the original one sure ain't :werewolf:

--------------------
I did remember actually one thing that's special about me. My eyes are usually a hazel color (a mix of brown and green with a tint of blue) but every now and then my eyes change colors to a deeper blue or lighter blue. Sometimes a green even! Today my eyes are mostly a brownish green but occasionally I will look into the mirror and see blue eyes
Your just colour blind and your eyes are really pink. :)

--------------------
Also, you confused the Easter bunny with Santa lol. The easter bunny doesnt drive a sled with reindeer.
How do you know, non believer :p

I sometimes use this huge Webster dictionary but it was printed in 1978 so it is very outdated.
8AD80D1A-D350-47C9-8B48-2D5FC80ED55A.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back