What Made You Set-Up Your First Nano Tank?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

seffieuk

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure!
Reaction score
For me it was looking in the tanks at the lfs, then one day I saw a pair of clowns hosting with a Nem - I stood for ages, transfixed by the pair, that was the moment I was drawn hook, line and sinker into the salty world.

Took me a year of research, but I got there in the end with my first 126 litre nano

Seffie x

Now for the small print :p I am not advocating keeping a Nem in a nano, it was just what pulled me in :blink:

Well, ive not set it up yet but im in the process of setting it up.

And yup, it was going to the LFS and seeing all those lovely Clownfish swimming funny like... And im going to blame all you lot aswell, reading those oh so long and interesting journels!

:)

Well, ive not set it up yet but im in the process of setting it up.

And yup, it was going to the LFS and seeing all those lovely Clownfish swimming funny like... And im going to blame all you lot aswell, reading those oh so long and interesting journels!

:)

Oh indeed yes, many a happy Sunday afternoon has been spent reading the journels

Seffie x

Since my old Juwel Rio 180L burst its seals and leaked, I'd been out of fishkeeping for about 18 months or more. I really missed my tank though but, was limited for space. I was going to get a biorb and have a couple of goldfish. Then I decided to use my bedside cabinet for a tank base and made my own from acrylic. It was really interesting to make it myself and very satisfying when it was done, although there was lots of profanity used in the process lol:lol:

I was looking around a fish shop lookig for tropicals and had a look at the marine side. Ive always liked marine fish/corals. Saw a mandarin swimming around live rock.

From that day i started to read up on marines and started to plan my first salty tank.

Over the last 5/6 months no money has gone into my saving account just my tank and my track car.

well havent set it up yet but about a year ago i had just set up a tropical tank i was stocking it :hyper: then my dad picked up a marine book because he always wanted to set one up. and it was a bad book it made us feel that marines are impossible. so i picked up a book and it was great :hyper: i started looking at fish only but then i saw a reef but put off by the LR prices :crazy: but i found my lfs with cheap LR :hyper: and saw tangs clown fish and gobys. from that day forwad i was planing for it. at first it was a lido marine starter kit then juwel 125 then orca tl 450 then the 550 after that juwel 180. but im starting a juwel rio 125. :hyper: some time i want to set up a big tank with tangs. i love tangs :drool:

Seeing TFF's first nano tank set up here. The link should still be around. SH

ADD: here is the link:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=59311

She is actually back here and starting a 55G. Go Parker. SH

Thanks for the shout out SH!

For me, it was b/c I had a spare 10g and thought "why not?". I had a really good LFS in Savannah, where we were living then with a really good marine section - they had a nano set up with GORGEOUS corals in it and one of the employees had been doing nanos for quite some time so I knew I could get some good idea.

I loved my nano!

Several of my friends were setting them up at a similar time so I thought...if they can, I can! I then saw stealhealr's D-D nanocube thread and knew that I had to have that very same tank! :D
After that it became a bit addicitive and I had 3 nano's running for a while and then the 155L. I even caught myself thinking about my 180L goldie tank the other day and what a great reef tank it would make or a great home for a marine puffer of some form :lol:

well because i now have set one up (still setting it up) i can say every penny i spent on my tank was worth it. i think i have spent £500-£600 at the most. my dad has help me with some of the things.

Just love staring at fish! Calms me down. I've a stressful life and their grace in the water is so peaceful. They keep me out of trouble too lol. I thought about getting them for about a year but always thought I would need a massive tank that would cost thousands to setup and run. Then I read a thread on nanos and the success people were having. Just pushed me over the edge and I must say I really enjoy this hobby! It's one of the more challenging, most rewarding and least dangerous ones i've pursued lol. But most expensive! Lol

the fire fish darting in and out of the rocks was the thing that made me want one

Most reactions

Back