What Lighting Levels Are Suitable For Tropica Pn+?

nry

Fish Herder
Reaction score
As an example my 15-UK gallon tank runs pressurised CO2 and 30w of light (~2wpg, a little higher if you go for US gallons). I currently dose EI as per the pinned article but am curious at what wpg levels (for this tank) would Tropica PN+ be a suitable alternative? I'm thinking running ~1.5wpg would be more suited to PN+ but am not exactly sure?

Comparatively, I don't think TMG aka TPN+ has that much NPK in it.... Hard to compare then I think / you'd have to use a subsitute NPK source as well as TPN+? I'm guessing now - I'm at work & all my gumph is at home....

Compare ingredients / ingredient levels & match that to lighting levels / CO2 ppm in a comparison with well established EI levels if I were trying to figure this & work back to an answer.

Andy

I've had great results using exclusively Tropica Plant Nutrition+ with 1.1wpg and good CO2 in my 125 litre. I added 2ml per day, changing 1/3 water weekly.

I'd say a similar regime would work for you with 1.5-2wpg.

Adding more NP isn't necessary IME, unless you want super-growth.

It's worth noting however, that my tap is loaded with NO3 and PO4 already.

George would doseing TPN+ in that way be similar to say a PMDD or PPS pro regime?

Sam

I would gues that TPN+ with the tap N&P and the fish food/waste would equal a PPS Pro setup in that it would be a lean dose setup.

Not sure how well it works but is 1 method I am thinking of trying once I've finished trying out PPS Pro.

Andy

Most reactions

Back