What Kind Of Starfish Is This?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigClownFace

Reaction score
Hey, guys
I went to my LFS on Saturday and bought a starfish thinking it would make a great addition to my tank.
I asked the employee what type of starfish it was and she told me, but I can't remember what kind it was.
I think she said it was some kind of African starfish, but I'm not positive. It's black with yellow spots all over its back and is relatively small.
Here's a pic:
naboo1.jpg

Also, is the starfish able to live in a tank with live rock? Since I put it in there the live rock has gotten darker and there are itty bitty pieces of it scattered along the aquarium floor. Here's what it looks like.
liverock1.jpg

hi there

the star fish is not an african starfish got is called chocolate chip starfish coz that what mine looked like but the other starfish i have is a bahammas star fish and grow really big
the starfish go that colour because there not engouth algae in the tank use some veggi clips and some marine mix

and how long has your tank been set up for and how long have u had the star fish

thks ally

Hi

that looks like diatoms on your rock, how long have you had the tank? I also read one of your other posts which said you had an eel and a chocolate chip starfish in your tank?

How big is your tank and what are your stats? :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back