What Kind Of Puffer Is This?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Not very, the hydrometer only read a little above .01 and it's a pretty small tank that I had to hastily set up so i'm going to do a careful water change tomorrow. Depending on how he's doing I might continue to raise the salinity. This is my first time dealing with brackish or salt fish and it sucks that it's such a dire situation. If everything goes well he will be in his own temporary 20 long  

He went from the brink of death to thriving. Soon I'm going to have to decide if I should keep upping the salinity because ceylon puffers are high end brackish to salt

You should be going to around 1.018-1.020 ppm imo

He just got moved to his new tank and is doing great. It's currently at around 1.02. I might just keep him in a salt tank to make it easier on myself. What kind of snails should I feed him now? I have 100 bladder snails coming but I'm not sure if he'll eat them if they're dead

He will eat them if theyre dead or should as long as they are not rotten. You can feed any softer shell snails like bladder and ramsorn snails, he wont ever be big enough to eat nerite or mystery snails unless you feed him baby snails of those. 

He will definitely appreciate the salt, and i wouldnt go full marine tbh, i would keep it im between to be safe. 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back