What Kind Of Killifish Is This?

onidrase

Let's Be Friends
Reaction score
We got a killifish miss-shipped to us as a giant danio, and the poor thing was getting ripped apart, so I was able to take it home free of charge. It has since healed up quite well, and what I thought was likely a female golden wonder killi seems to be something totally different.

Here was a picture of when I first got it:
killifish1.jpg

And here is it now:
killifish2.jpg

It seems to have red fin tip markings, as well as a bizarre mushroom like shape to the tail, if you look hard enough. Very pretty, very ravenous, very big mouth.

Anyone know what kind of killi this is specifically? How big they tend to get, or anything of that sort?

Thanks much.

A female Golden Wonder Killifish, I think. Hopefully you have no small streamlined fish, otherwise you won't have any small streamlined fish in a short space of time. ;)

My oldest female at ~18 months reached ~8cm, I don't know if given time they can reach wild caught sizes near 15cm. Very Jeckyll and Hyde characters, usually very chilled out surface dweller community citizens, which can then quickly turn into bullets zooming around the tank and or try and eat anything they think will fit in their mouth. I had kittens back in March when I thought my final female ate two rare Phenacogrammus nigropterus (Pastel/Rainbow Congo Tetra) within minutes of their introduction... Thankfully it was an illusion and they reappeared once I netted the killi out of that tank!

A female Golden Wonder Killifish, I think. Hopefully you have no small streamlined fish, otherwise you won't have any small streamlined fish in a short space of time. ;)

My oldest female at ~18 months reached ~8cm, I don't know if given time they can reach wild caught sizes near 15cm. Very Jeckyll and Hyde characters, usually very chilled out surface dweller community citizens, which can then quickly turn into bullets zooming around the tank and or try and eat anything they think will fit in their mouth. I had kittens back in March when I thought my final female ate two rare Phenacogrammus nigropterus (Pastel/Rainbow Congo Tetra) within minutes of their introduction... Thankfully it was an illusion and they reappeared once I netted the killi out of that tank!
It's in my 37 gallon, with a bundle of red eye tetras, angelfish, rams, and kuhli loaches, don't think any of them are all to edible for the guy.

looks the same as my female Golden Wonder Killifish which has little bits of red too, Mine looks about the same size. funny characters got mine with a male which are a bit more colourful, they are very chilled and are not bothered by me sticking my arm in the tank... they even try and eat my arm when I'm moving stuff lol.

Does look like a female wonder killie. Im pretty sure they get to 3-4 inches.

C

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back