what kind of frog do I have?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

VeeFour

Reaction score
My girlfriend bought some frogs at the LFS, but doesn't remember what kind they are, and didn't ask what they eat.
they are small, about an inch long at best, brown with little black spots all over them.
What are they, and what do i feed them? :blink:

Hi VeeFour :)

If they are totally aquatic frogs, and it sounds like they are, they are either African Dwarf frogs or African Clawed frogs. There is a world of difference between them, however.

To identify them, the ADFs have webbed "hands," while the bigger ACFs have pointy fingers. They will both eat tubifex or black worms, but depending on which they are, there is other foods they can eat as well.

Click on the link in my signature for more information and links about them. :nod:

Then, once you figure out which ones you have, let us know and we can help you some more. :D

well inchworm, you've helped me again. Look like mine are the African clawed frogs.
I'm worried they aren't eating and we've had them for a few days now.
WHat should I get at the LFS to feed them. I have freeze dried blood worms, but I'm afraid these won't make it down to the frogs :(

Try freeze-dried tubifex worms on a stick. That will work without a doubt. Frozen bloodworms, if anything like the mosquito larvae I use, should have some that will sink down to the frogs. If not, you could try sticking them on a stick or the tip of your finger and placing it in front of them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back