What kind is my Betta?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Zephyrski

Reaction score
Hi all. I just got this little guy today and he's currently in a temporary tank while his finishes up cycling (about 2 weeks)
He was just labeled as black orchid, no fin type or anything. I'm just curious what kind he is.
Also does he seem young to anyone else or is it just me?
20211112_174811.jpg
20211112_164318.jpg
20211112_163636.jpg

I think it's a dragonscale Betta.. Good looking betta.
I didn't see the resemblance before but now that you mention it he does look like a dragon scale. The black orchid isn't a type is it? Just color combo I'd assume..?
Maybe he's a black orchid dragon.. black dragon sounds cool🤔🤔

oh my god your betta looks so pretty!
it looks iike,,,, a betta

For tail type, you need to see him flaring - hold a mirror where he can see his refection.
If the edges of the tail are 180 degrees apart, he's a half moon
More than 180 deg - over half moon
Between 60 and 90 deg - superdelta
60 deg or less - delta.

For tail type, you need to see him flaring - hold a mirror where he can see his refection.
If the edges of the tail are 180 degrees apart, he's a half moon
More than 180 deg - over half moon
Between 60 and 90 deg - superdelta
60 deg or less - delta.
I have an excerise mirror for my other fish, and I just tried putting it in his tank, he wasn't really interested and wanted to look at other stuff more. Hopefully he'll get comfortable soon though. I've been trying to greet him often so he can get used to me.

I would guess half moon placket with "Black Orchid" colours.

I did wonder if it was Dragon-scaled but may be just the light or colouring, or maybe they have a new combo now?

I would guess half moon placket with "Black Orchid" colours.

I did wonder if it was Dragon-scaled but may be just the light or colouring, or maybe they have a new combo now?
I'm not sure he's a placket, but that seems like something I'd see once he flares.
It would be pretty neat to have him be dragon scaled, but maybe it's just the coloring?

I'm not sure he's a placket, but that seems like something I'd see once he flares.
It would be pretty neat to have him be dragon scaled, but maybe it's just the coloring?
He's not a plakat betta. His fins are too large to be a plakat. It's already been menioned overhere, this is a halfmoon dragon betta. The name "Black orchid" can only refer to the coloration. In the past, I've bred bettas for over 15 years as well.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back