What Killis

Most killis are fine in warm water as many come from shallow pools of water that heat up quickly during the day.
The drawback to small species of killifish is they might get eaten by big discus, and if you keep some of the bigger panchax (like the gold panchax) they might upset the discus.
You could try some of the bigger Aphyosmeium gullaris (blue gullaris), A. sjoestedti or some of the Epiplaty like the blue panchax, but most of them show up best in a smaller tank without bigger fishes to contend with.

That high of trmperature (Discus range above 27'C) would drastically shorten the lifespan of the above.
Whilst there are Killifish that can tolerate and thrive in such high temps they are mainly hard water or brackish species.
Depends on what you have defined as the optimum temperature for your discus tank. Which should be as stated above.
Rock you have been asking many a question regarding all types of killifish species etc. etc. Are you planning on keeping/breeding anything.

That high of trmperature (Discus range above 27'C) would drastically shorten the lifespan of the above.
Whilst there are Killifish that can tolerate and thrive in such high temps they are mainly hard water or brackish species.
Depends on what you have defined as the optimum temperature for your discus tank. Which should be as stated above.
Rock you have been asking many a question regarding all types of killifish species etc. etc. Are you planning on keeping/breeding anything.

yes bigc.

i have just gotten a pair of aphysomein striatum today and have a trio of blue panchax and am awaiting notho eggs coming.

im keeping my discus at 28degrees.

so do u think there is anything i could keep at this degrees or not???

thanks again

yes bigc.

i have just gotten a pair of aphysomein striatum today and have a trio of blue panchax and am awaiting notho eggs coming.

im keeping my discus at 28degrees.

so do u think there is anything i could keep at this degrees or not???

thanks again

bump

To be honest if it were me I wouldn't bother trying to keep killifish with discus. Instead I would afford the killis the luxury of species tanks with their specific husbandry in mind.
There are American killifish that will accept high temps but as I stated earlier they are hard water sp.
Regards
BigC

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back