What is your favorite fish and invert, why?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Salty&Onion

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Everyone has their favorite fish, one, two or more species :)

My favorite fish are bettas, they are beautiful, cute, funny and intelligent fishies, but they have a con that they are more susceptible to diseases like dropsy that is a kiss of death.
I actually like labirynth fish ;)

Including all livebearing fish because they aren't intelligent and do lots of funny stuff.. like begging for food even they got chunky from all my love to them lol.

As for inverts I like shrimp, my favorites are Bamboo, amano, cherry and vamp shrimp (vampire shrimp [aka. Gabon Shrimp]), but they also have their cons like the vamp shrimp and bamboo as they have to be crushed food and won't take whole pellets or flakes, or the amano shrimp that is hard to breed and the fact that cherry shrimp populate tanks like rabbits populate forests.

What are your favorite fish and inverts?

My favorite fish are guppy’s cause they are funny and beautiful fish I find the female more then the male cause that have that basic look lol and they breed like cattle and I love that I hand feed mine they actually go into my hand, which isn’t smart at all lol

My favorite fish are guppy’s cause they are funny and beautiful fish I find the female more then the male cause that have that basic look lol and they breed like cattle and I love that I hand feed mine they actually go into my hand, which isn’t smart at all lol
My gups will feed from hand to! I must quite agree, they are cute and funny little fishies :) I like the fact about mine that I crossbred endler guppy with just a regular one. I have one male guppy fry that is a hybrid between regular and endler gupp and I'm waiting for the little guy to grow up and show his colours too! ^_^

My gups will feed from hand to! I must quite agree, they are cute and funny little fishies :) I like the fact about mine that I crossbred endler guppy with just a regular one. I have one male guppy fry that is a hybrid between regular and endler gupp and I'm waiting for the little guy to grow up and show his colours too! ^_^
My favorite one just had her first batch today I’m excited to see how they come out lol

I like rummynose tetras, blue dream shrimp and wild type bettas.
I also love the unique look of the black ghost knife fish, bichirs and african leaf fish look.

My favorite one just had her first batch today I’m excited to see how they come out lol
Will you post a picture of how they look when they grow up? I would be excited very much to see them :)
I like rummynose tetras, blue dream shrimp and wild type bettas.
I also love the unique look of the black ghost knife fish, bichirs and african leaf fish look.
I like how rummynoses look, but I sadly can't have them in my hard water :(
And for ghost knofe fish I don't know how to set up a brackish tank..

Favorite fish that I have: Betta

Favorite fish I would want to keep: Arowana

Favorite shrimp I have: Cherry Shrimp

Favorite shrimp I would want to keep: Black Crystal shrimp

I also love black ghost knife’s, flower horns, Gourami’s, rummy nose tetras, etc.

I just love fish in general. :)

Will you post a picture of how they look when they grow up? I would be excited very much to see them :)

I like how rummynoses look, but I sadly can't have them in my hard water :(
And for ghost knofe fish I don't know how to set up a brackish tank..
Ghost life arent brackish :)

Favorite fish that I have: Betta

Favorite fish I would want to keep: Arowana

Favorite shrimp I have: Cherry Shrimp

Favorite shrimp I would want to keep: Black Crystal shrimp

I also love black ghost knife’s, flower horns, Gourami’s, rummy nose tetras, etc.

I just love fish in general. :)
Want to know a secret? Same, I love every fishie and invert... well except for those that look just weird.. lol

Want to know a secret? Same, I love every fishie and invert... well except for those that look just weird.. lol
I like the weird ones...I'll be looking at fish and see a weird one and I'll say ew it looks weird....I WANT ONE! And it confuses my parents

Favorite fish: Any species of Betta (not domestics). To me, they're ten times way more interesting than domesticated Betta (in terms of behavior). I also like any wild species of Pterophyllum.

Favorite invert: Caridina multidentata. I love how they look and their love for eating algae.

Sorry for Candy - hope you find a treatment.

I don't really have any invertebrates I like - I think I believe all are pests. As far as fish - NO FRESHWATER fish can beat the Dojo Loach. These fish are like long ropes. mine have touch of pink and a touch albino from about 4-8" long. . The are true scavengers and will eat anything - especially snails that I detest and Dojo's take lovely breaks and even crunch up the shells. My 3 are very tame and let me hand feed them and rub their sides. Their favorite form of entertainment Is to jump in a bubbler and ride it all the way to the top then dive back in - this can go on for hours. I have 3 Kubotai Loaches I also like a lot and they quite playfully take turns jumping in the bubblers , The only time I've seen them the dominant is when they want to try a new treat and another fish has it (such as dried tubler worms - everybodys favorite now but one they've tried it they wait their turn or come back another time. After a hard play session they may nap as long as 3 or 4 hours and are almost unable to wake up. . Great fish for kids.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back