What is wrong with my goldfish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lazarusthefishboy10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I woke up this morning, went outside to feed the goldfish, and started swimming unstably all over the place; as if it was try to not float to the top.
its tank is 60 litres, it is a comet goldfish, and is living in a temperature between 15-22 degrees celsius.
How do i fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 63
Swim bladder issues maybe?

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week.
make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

post a short video of the fish have problems.

When fish have swim bladder problems, they have difficulty in staying the right way up and controlling their buoyancy, and have to swim constantly to do this. Some fish will struggle not to float upwards and others may sink to the bottom.

Feeding shelled peas is a commonly used remedy as it relieves constipation which may be your fishes problem, but there are other causes.

this is what deanasue told me to treat my rosy barb swimbladder “Try fasting her for a day and then offer her a boiled, deshelled pea. You can also give her an epsom salt bath. Fill a gallon bowl with dechlorinated water the same temperature as her tank water. Add 1 teaspoon of epsom salt per gallon of water. Let her bathe in it for 15 minutes then place her back in tank. You can do this 3 times a day. The epsom salt works as a laxative”.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back