The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

diastiss

Reaction score
what type of mini coral are these? they are numerous in my tank

whatisthisz.jpg

edit: none are over 3/4" in size

Ehm would have said aiptasia but they seem a bit beefier maybe Majano ?

I was going to say majano too - a type of anemone, not ones you want in your tank with corals :crazy:

Seffie x

I was going to say majano too - a type of anemone, not ones you want in your tank with corals :crazy:

Seffie x

why not have them in the tank with the corals? My tank is FOWLR, not planning on having corals right now possible in the future though! :)

They are fine if you are not going to keep corals - however if you are going to keep corals in the future I would get rid of them now whilst you only have a few - they would be difficult to get rid of once they have overtaken your tank :blink: However, if you are never going to keep corals they can be quite attractive in the tank.

Seffie x
woops, sorry didn't answer your qustions - they will wage war on your corals and kill them

They are fine if you are not going to keep corals - however if you are going to keep corals in the future I would get rid of them now whilst you only have a few - they would be difficult to get rid of once they have overtaken your tank :blink: However, if you are never going to keep corals they can be quite attractive in the tank.

Seffie x
woops, sorry didn't answer your qustions - they will wage war on your corals and kill them

ooo ok :) they are starting to really multiply right now :/ just tweezing them off the rocks is the only way to get rid of them?

ooo ok :) they are starting to really multiply right now :/ just tweezing them off the rocks is the only way to get rid of them?

I'm afraid its not that easy - as they are Nems they can move, so what tends to happen if you 'attack' them is they both move and let off spores to create new Nems :crazy:

I would get either a small kitchen blow torch or my weapon of choice a soldering iron and stick it right in them :sick: you will need to take the rock out to do this and boy does it stink :sick:

Seffie x

darn, we have over 100 in the tank right now, i like they way they look, but will they just keep multiplying and just completely take over? or will they just kind of peak?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back