🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

diastiss

Reaction score
what type of mini coral are these? they are numerous in my tank

whatisthisz.jpg

edit: none are over 3/4" in size

Ehm would have said aiptasia but they seem a bit beefier maybe Majano ?

I was going to say majano too - a type of anemone, not ones you want in your tank with corals :crazy:

Seffie x

I was going to say majano too - a type of anemone, not ones you want in your tank with corals :crazy:

Seffie x

why not have them in the tank with the corals? My tank is FOWLR, not planning on having corals right now possible in the future though! :)

They are fine if you are not going to keep corals - however if you are going to keep corals in the future I would get rid of them now whilst you only have a few - they would be difficult to get rid of once they have overtaken your tank :blink: However, if you are never going to keep corals they can be quite attractive in the tank.

Seffie x
woops, sorry didn't answer your qustions - they will wage war on your corals and kill them

They are fine if you are not going to keep corals - however if you are going to keep corals in the future I would get rid of them now whilst you only have a few - they would be difficult to get rid of once they have overtaken your tank :blink: However, if you are never going to keep corals they can be quite attractive in the tank.

Seffie x
woops, sorry didn't answer your qustions - they will wage war on your corals and kill them

ooo ok :) they are starting to really multiply right now :/ just tweezing them off the rocks is the only way to get rid of them?

ooo ok :) they are starting to really multiply right now :/ just tweezing them off the rocks is the only way to get rid of them?

I'm afraid its not that easy - as they are Nems they can move, so what tends to happen if you 'attack' them is they both move and let off spores to create new Nems :crazy:

I would get either a small kitchen blow torch or my weapon of choice a soldering iron and stick it right in them :sick: you will need to take the rock out to do this and boy does it stink :sick:

Seffie x

darn, we have over 100 in the tank right now, i like they way they look, but will they just keep multiplying and just completely take over? or will they just kind of peak?

Most reactions

Back