What Is This?

saz_jam

New Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK, Berkshire
Can anyone tell me what this is on my glass? I was thinking it might be green dust algae but am not sure because it it white! I have cleaned it off a good few times but it always comes back and is getting worse. What can I do to get rid of it and stop it coming back?

Thanks

Glass1.jpg


Glass3.jpg
 
Thanks for your help. Last night I took 25% of the tank water out using a gravel vac, I then took out all the plants etc. and scrubbed all sides of the glass to get the 'white stuff' off (I ran my finger over it and it was slimey?). I then syphoned out another 25% of the water and re-filled it back up with new water. I am hoping this will improve it a bit!

They are definitely not bubbles, they move with the water current. It is stuck to the glass and is about 1mm in length but there are millions of them. I looked a hydra but it definitely isn't that either! I have looked everywhere but can't find any pictures similar to tell me what it might be!

Do you think it's worth trying flourish excel to see if it helps?
 
It's good to hear I'm not the only one! I have wiped it off numerous times but it always comes back. It makes the water cloudy when I wipe it off, which is why I tried the 'wipe it off then syphon it out' method! It makes the glass look a mess, would be lovely to look into a nice clear, clean aquarium! Everything else is spot on, just this stuff! :/
 

Most reactions

Back
Top