What Is This?

mikev

Fish Herder
Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
1,111
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
NY NY
It seems that I got a new (well, for me) type of snail in the newest plants...not the usual hitchhiking species. Did anyone see these before? I'm wondering if these are simply another pest or perhaps juveniles of some more interesting snail. These hatched while I was quarantining the plants...so they may grow larger, they are already larger than the usual variety.

snail1oj6.jpg
Front: the usual pest; Back: the new snail.
snail2lk7.jpg


TIA
 
Its Leopard Ramshorn snail. Very common and pretty snail too.
 
They are an interesting snail but also a pest. The ramshorns eat plants and create waste as well.


Yeap, I noticed plant damage today and I think they are trying to eat duckweed too.... Still, they are sufficiently interesting to let them stay for now.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top