WHAT IS THIS IN MY TANK?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Crunchycrouton

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I noticed this metallic thing spinning around In my tank... literally just spinning. It was maybe half a centimeter long, it seemed to spiral sometimes, like dna does. I have two goldfish one of which is 217 dollars and I don’t need anything happening to her.

Attachments

• F6303CE0-C65E-42A8-B293-5B5CDEAB92BD.jpeg
    F6303CE0-C65E-42A8-B293-5B5CDEAB92BD.jpeg
    12 KB · Views: 41
  • BAFAC4BF-8D11-47A6-8BEB-E219B270F5CB.jpeg
    BAFAC4BF-8D11-47A6-8BEB-E219B270F5CB.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 40
I noticed this metallic thing spinning around In my tank... literally just spinning. It was maybe half a centimeter long, it seemed to spiral sometimes, like dna does. I have two goldfish one of which is 217 dollars and I don’t need anything happening to her.
scoop it out. if its metal maybe fell off something or its just a rock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 51
That is quite strange. If it is metal, have a quick look in the tank (to make sure there is no more pieces floating about) and check the surrounding area for a possible source; perhaps the frame of a light or something chipped somehow? In the last image, it looks as though some stringy things are sticking of it, so those might be worth investigating.

That is quite strange. If it is metal, have a quick look in the tank (to make sure there is no more pieces floating about) and check the surrounding area for a possible source; perhaps the frame of a light or something chipped somehow? In the last image, it looks as though some stringy things are sticking of it, so those might be worth investigating.
I think it was just some kind of little bug larvae.. I’m pretty sure those were little arms

Is it mobile, or stationary?
EDIT: N/M, looks like you removed it from the tank...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back