What is the most inaccurate information you’ve been given..?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Hmm... mine would probably have to be this dude at a pet store, telling me I could keep 1 Dwarf Gourami in a 2.5g, unheated tank. (And it was the column type)

Either that, or this lady telling me I could keep a Zebra Danio alone, in an unheated 1.5g tank... I still have that same danio, 5 1/2 years later...

I had an infestation of columnaris in my fish tank...I was inexperienced and had no clue what I was looking at, had a tiger barb with a weird mouth issue, so I brought it in and the guy told me the fish had just gotten into a fight and was just beat up, and would probably heal. Thought that sounded fishy (pun intended), and sure enough, a brief google search turned up the right answer and I cleared up the issue with Pimafix and Melafix. No thanks to Petco.

The worst piece of advice I was given was that two female bettas could live in a 2 gallon bowl together

Mine is that fish can be abused. All thise websites and pet stores are pro fish abuse which is sad...

Saw this guy at my LFS selling 3 koi for a 55 gallon tank. I told the guys that the fish would die, and you would be abusing fish. The guy looked annoyed, so I told him where to shove it ?

Most reactions

Back