What Is The Capacity Of My Tank? Edit

Now that we have the FULL measurements of the tank I can simplify the mathematically explanation I posted earlier in the thread (just shows there's more than one way to do it if you don't have all the measurements you want ;) )

Ignore the missing corners and work out the volume of the tank as a rectangular tank:

36" x 36.5" x 16.5" = 355L

Now you have to use your imagination :)
There are 2 corners 'missing' from the front of the tank. As they are the same size they can be placed together to form another rectangle, and the volume of this is the 'missing water'.
The 'slanted' sections are 4.5" from front to back, and 4.25" from side to side, so:

4.5" x 4.25" x 16.5 = 5L

So now we remove that 'missing water':

355L - 5L = 350L

So your tank is actually:

350L
77.1 Imp. Gallons
92.5 US Gallons

Of course this is just rough based on the measurements you gave. the easiest method by far is just to work out how much your bucket holds, and count the number of buckets you use to fill the tank :P

:good:

(Although the maths is good, those figures seem a bit far out from the earlier calculations, and I'm not sure why - lol)
 
Now that we have the FULL measurements of the tank I can simplify the mathematically explanation I posted earlier in the thread (just shows there's more than one way to do it if you don't have all the measurements you want ;) )

Ignore the missing corners and work out the volume of the tank as a rectangular tank:

36" x 36.5" x 16.5" = 355L

Now you have to use your imagination :)
There are 2 corners 'missing' from the front of the tank. As they are the same size they can be placed together to form another rectangle, and the volume of this is the 'missing water'.
The 'slanted' sections are 4.5" from front to back, and 4.5" from side to side, so:

4.5" x 4.5" x 16.5 = 5L

So now we remove that 'missing water':

355L - 5L = 350L

So your tank is actually:

350L
77.1 Imp. Gallons
92.5 US Gallons

Of course this is just rough based on the measurements you gave. the easiest method by far is just to work out how much your bucket holds, and count the number of buckets you use to fill the tank :P

:good:

Well, I just saw numbers and my mind went hazey, lol.
That is one big tank to give away for nothing aint it? Ill have o figure out what the massive filter is just to make sure but there is a fluval +2 in there as well.
I just got to figure out what the fish are that came with it. Im certain the two plecs are common plecs. Im pretty sure the chilchid is a yellow lab. The zebra thingy may be a zebra loach but the markings look different to that on the fish index but it definately looks like a loach or a cat. It has barbels from its mouth. He's hiding so the picture i got last night is the best i can do.
 
Can you please get pics of the whole tank, id really like to see it.


I should have some up by the end of the week but this is the pic I was sent by the person who gave it to me
fishtank.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top