What Is That In My Tank?

alexNpaul

New Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi all,
Thanks for looking at my question and posting any information that you may give me.

I have a tank with various species in it, from some clown fish, silver dollars, guppies, neons, some sort of catfish species (unsure of the particular species, maybe Hypancistrus) and what I believe are a couple of Snowflake Bristlenose's.

Recently I have discovered quite a numerous amount of small shell like species crawling all over the tank. I have introduced no other species from the local Aquarium's recently.

So, hoping that somebody could answer my question as to what these critters might be?
Hopefully these photo's are clear enough for you to recognise them!

Thank you in advance.

Paul.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/alexNpaul/1.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/alexNpaul/2.jpg
 
Hi all,
Thanks for looking at my question and posting any information that you may give me.

I have a tank with various species in it, from some clown fish, silver dollars, guppies, neons, some sort of catfish species (unsure of the particular species, maybe Hypancistrus) and what I believe are a couple of Snowflake Bristlenose's.

Recently I have discovered quite a numerous amount of small shell like species crawling all over the tank. I have introduced no other species from the local Aquarium's recently.

So, hoping that somebody could answer my question as to what these critters might be?
Hopefully these photo's are clear enough for you to recognise them!

Thank you in advance.

Paul.

[URL="http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/alexNpaul/1.jpg"]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/alexNpaul/1.jpg[/URL]
[URL="http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/alexNpaul/2.jpg"]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/alexNpaul/2.jpg[/URL]

trumpet snails nothing to orry about just pesty snails.
 
Thankyou for your fast response.
Still have no idea how they got in there but after googleing the trumpet snail they seem to be a welcome invite to the tank.

Thankyou again :fish:
 
the larval stage of the snail floats around in the water. If there are baby snails in the fish shop tanks then you probably got them from their water when you bought fish. They can also come in on plants.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top