What is happening to my fry!?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I've seen golden pearls suggested a couple of times. Is this it?

This is on an online site that I've ordered plants from many times.

I've seen golden pearls suggested a couple of times. Is this it?

This is on an online site that I've ordered plants from many times.
Thank you for the recommendation! I may try that but I'm thinking of doing the egg yolk in a sock or something

Thank you for the recommendation! I may try that but I'm thinking of doing the egg yolk in a sock or something
Not a sock!. You want a piece of fine cotton. A sock will be too coarse. An old sheet or an old cotton shirt something like that.

Not a sock!. You want a piece of fine cotton. A sock will be too coarse. An old sheet or an old cotton shirt something like that.
How about leggings? I forget what their really called... But their kinda like really long and thin socks but they are not course.

How about leggings? I forget what their really called... But their kinda like really long and thin socks but they are not course.
What every you use the particle size must be nearly invisible to the naked eye and it should look like milk when suspended in water.

What every you use the particle size must be nearly invisible to the naked eye and it should look like milk when suspended in water.
Ok! Thanks!

Yes, about two days before.
That could be your problem. I never use dechlorinator, so I don't know from first-hand experience. But I was just watching a YouTube video on raising fry. The person was saying that changing the fry's water with dechlorinated water is fatal to fry! and they only ever do water changes on their fry tanks from the adults tank.
Just maybe you should resist water changing your tank next time.

That could be your problem. I never use dechlorinator, so I don't know from first-hand experience. But I was just watching a YouTube video on raising fry. The person was saying that changing the fry's water with dechlorinated water is fatal to fry! and they only ever do water changes on their fry tanks from the adults tank.
Just maybe you should resist water changing your tank next time.
That’s so interesting... I wonder why that is?

I actually heard from multiple breeders that constant water changes benefits them... Maybe not? I don't want bad things to build up in the water. I did a 50% water change then but it doesnt make sense that the fry only disappear during the night and when the light remains on they dont... I actually don't think it has to do with water changes at all... If it did they would have been disappearing here and there throughout the day but its only when the lights go out. I think I have some sort of larvae in the tank that is eating them and is obviously nocturnal and cleverly hides... I almost want to put in a copper based medication but that will cause a snail die out which would cause an ammonia spike... So that's a no no. The last fry I have left I'm naming Nemo for obvious reasons and he/she also is starting to grow in some top and bottom fins! Once it gets big enough I will try turning off the lights completely 😬

Just maybe it has something to do with oxygen levels in your tank, during the day there is more oxygen in your aquarium than at night.

I used dechlorinator and did 75-80% water changes every day on my rearing tanks.

Chlorine and chloramine will kill fry. Dechlorinated water won't.

If dechlorinated water was going to kill fry, they would all (or most of them) die shortly after the water change. That isn't happening. The fry disappear 1 or 2 at a time after the tank lights go out. Something is eating them or they are being sucked into the filter.

I used dechlorinator and did 75-80% water changes every day on my rearing tanks.

Chlorine and chloramine will kill fry. Dechlorinated water won't.

If dechlorinated water was going to kill fry, they would all (or most of them) die shortly after the water change. That isn't happening. The fry disappear 1 or 2 at a time after the tank lights go out. Something is eating them or they are being sucked into the filter.
Actually, most of them died in one night,

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back