What I picked up today.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bdoggy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I took back the fish that I couldn't have today and picked up a few new ones... Are they live bearers or guppies though?.. I'm not sure, the tank said endler fish... Oh and I got a cloud stream loach too.... What are these though?.

Attachments

• IMG_20220730_131831379.jpg
    IMG_20220730_131831379.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20220730_131829086.jpg
    IMG_20220730_131829086.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20220730_131819620.jpg
    IMG_20220730_131819620.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 32
They are endlers which belong to the livebeares family...what is a cloud stream loach? Do you mean hillstream?

Guppies are livebearers (the females give birth to live babies). Most other fish produce eggs that are released into the water.

Endler's livebearers are another type of livebearer that are similar to guppies and will hybridise with guppies.

I took back the fish that I couldn't have today and picked up a few new ones... Are they live bearers or guppies though?.. I'm not sure, the tank said endler fish... Oh and I got a cloud stream loach too.... What are these though?.
The easiest way to tell Endlers and fancy guppies apart is Endlers are smaller. Also fancy guppies usually have larger tails.

The easiest way to tell Endlers and fancy guppies apart is Endlers are smaller. Also fancy guppies usually have larger tails.
Whoops, forgot to mention that these are only guidelines. They will apply to most fish, but there are exceptions. For instance, there are some pure strains of guppy that don't fit in with these rules, but if you get guppies from somewhere like a pet store, you're unlikely to find any like that.

I took back the fish that I couldn't have today and picked up a few new ones... Are they live bearers or guppies though?.. I'm not sure, the tank said endler fish...
These are endler hybrids. So, not pure endlers.
Whoops, forgot to mention that these are only guidelines. They will apply to most fish, but there are exceptions. For instance, there are some pure strains of guppy that don't fit in with these rules, but if you get guppies from somewhere like a pet store, you're unlikely to find any like that.
I almost wanted to correct you on your former reply. But you already corrected yourself. But I also do have to say that some pure endlers do get large in comparison to the average pure endler. One of them is the Light blue top sword that can become large.
And yes, there are a serious number of smaller fancy guppy strains. Btw, fancy guppies don't mean guppies with large fins (like a large tail) but fancy guppies are actually all guppy strains that have been derived from wild guppies (and nowadays also crossed with endlers).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back