What Happened To The Signature (Rules) ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

misterpro

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've got a question.

I just tried to edit my signature because it contains stuff that is no longer correct, and I get this error message now...

You cannot change your signature until you have 32 more approved posts

Are signature changes disabled or did they change the rules? (I tried searching the general rules & signature rules, but there's no mention of any kind of post quota)

*update*
After posting this, it know says 31.  I guess a new rule is added that members can't make/edit a signature before they have a postcount of at least 60
evilmad.gif

I'm sorry it's inconvenienced you, but we had a spate of spammers using their sigs to link to dodgy sites, so it had to be done, really.

Don't worry, this is a decent level. I am also a member of a forum for another of my hobbies, astronomy. There, because I average less than 20 posts per year (reader not contributer mostly) I get adverts and giant half-browser page long notes about how the notice and adverts will disappear once I reach 60/year.

fluttermoth said:
I'm sorry it's inconvenienced you, but we had a spate of spammers using their sigs to link to dodgy sites, so it had to be done, really.

Sounds like a good plan, stop the spammers ...

I understand the need. (Stupid spammers/bots)

The only inconvenience for me is temporarily "running around" with a incorrect signature (got a bit of OCD :D). But that problem will fix itself.

In the mean time thanks for the clarification on this.

If its a huge issue to you, you could PM a Super Mod what the sig should look like and they could (if they are feeling magnanimous) make the changes for you.  

Or, get to posting - creating a journal of your tank (like the 460L in your sig) would be a great way to build up your post count, while also sharing your experiences!  (Which, of course, is what this site is all about!)

We're a fairly magnaminous bunch, but it would rely on us having time, so we'd probably get around to it before you hit 60 posts.

Like the journal idea though.

DrRob said:
We're a fairly magnaminous bunch, but it would rely on us having time, so we'd probably get around to it before you hit 60 posts.

Like the journal idea though.

That's what makes you "Super".
wub.png

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back