What glue for aquascaping?

Slaphppy7

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Nah, just snip the end of the tube...it WILL turn white, but that fades after a while...you just use a wee bit, not a big glob

PheonixKingZ

Fish Expert
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
I suggest super glue. The only glue that I know to be 100% safe for fish, is the "Krazy Glue" brand.

Make sure that the plant and the wood is moderately dry before applying the glue. If you don't get it dry enough, it will turn a stark white color. This isn't dangerous to your fish, it just looks bad.

OP
myrxn

myrxn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I suggest super glue. The only glue that I know to be 100% safe for fish, is the "Krazy Glue" brand.

Make sure that the plant and the wood is moderately dry before applying the glue. If you don't get it dry enough, it will turn a stark white color. This isn't dangerous to your fish, it just looks bad.
Does it turn white after it has dried? And how long does that take?

LordHappy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Happy day....I've used gorilla and loctite brands of glue before, but in the end, I just found that using a bit of dark green thread worked as well. When I was mucking around with anubis, I found that half of the plants I glued simply broke off at the base. There was also that unfortunate moment when I realized that I might have used too much and stuck my finger to the wood.

Nemo2182

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I used this, worked really well. But as with all glue submerged in water, it can break down overtime...I expect a silicone glue, like what tanks are put together is best, but will take time to cure properly

1611922591147265902674151621635.jpg

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days