What Fish?

zee

New Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi I have a large tank, with 2 fantail goldfish, a small male swordtail and a pleco. My boyfriend wants to get another 2 fish for the tank (dont want any more after that until one of them dies) but I wanted to know if there were any tropicals that I should avoid either because they are hard to keep or wouldn't live well with what I already have?

I would like another Pleco, but I am not sure if 2 plecos would fight?

We would like to get a couple of pretty fish for the tank .... any suggestions?

Thanks
 
Goldfish are coldwater fish, as such they shouldn't be mixed with tropical fish.

What size is the tank?
Just so you know I never put them in the tank. I got the tank from my friend, he has had it for a year or so, set up like this, so I just took it off his hands cos he didnt want it anymore. I do keep a check on them and they seem to do fine in there.

The tank is about 45 litres maybe slightly bigger :)
 
Well 45l isn't big enough for any goldfish so they need re-homing.

And 45l probably isn't big enough for the pleco. There are only 1 or 2 small enough to go into a 45l. It is more likely yours will grow too big so needs to be re-homed.

And swordtails, in my opinion, are also too big for a 45l due to them growing to 10-12cm long.

So all in all, I'd say re-home the lot and start again. 45l is very small, but there are plenty of really pretty fish combinations you could go for in that sized tank.

As it stands I can't give any stocking ideas...because the tank is already very badly stocked.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top