What fish should I get

Tim Monteverde

Reaction score
Hi I've just set up a new 25L aquarium. I've got a small 50w heater, which does the job for this tank size and an external 150L/h filter. I have some java Moss on the way to plant in on and around my small ornament. The ornament is hollow and a great hiding place for any fish. I want to get some cherry shrimp, I need some fish that would be happy in the same water parameters as my cherry shrimp and suitable for a 25L tank. I was thinking about neon tetra but I know that you need atleast 5+ and am not sure if the tank is large enough. What does everyone think and suggest?

Not knowing the water parameters (GH especially)...this small a tank will suit a single male Betta. Or a shoal of one of the nano species such as the dwarf rasbora in the Boraras genus could work if the water is soft or very soft. Endler Livebearers could work if the water is moderately hard or harder.

None of the "common" fish like neons will work as they are too large to be in a decent-sized shoal in this tank.

Shrimp can work, depending upon the water parameters but there are some that will manage in soft water as well as those requiring moderately hard. The Betta might or might not see shrimp as food.

Not knowing the water parameters (GH especially)...this small a tank will suit a single male Betta. Or a shoal of one of the nano species such as the dwarf rasbora in the Boraras genus could work if the water is soft or very soft. Endler Livebearers could work if the water is moderately hard or harder.

None of the "common" fish like neons will work as they are too large to be in a decent-sized shoal in this tank.

Shrimp can work, depending upon the water parameters but there are some that will manage in soft water as well as those requiring moderately hard. The Betta might or might not see shrimp as food.

Thank you, how many dwarf rasbora would you get in a 25L

Thank you, how many dwarf rasbora would you get in a 25L

Minimum seven, up to nine. Make sure there are floating plants. Water must be on the soft side as these will probably be wild caught.

external 150L/h filter.
To put a Betta in the tank you would have to do something about the flow rate of the filter as its too strong.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back