What Fish? Now, Jawfish Journals.

consider having a mesh screen made out of bird netting. That's what I'd do if I'm determined to keep one of these. Have you also considered buying from Diver's Den so it's already been acclimated to tank life w/food and surroundings??

Mesh screen with bird netting, huh?
Any links to a video on how to make it or something?

The only ones they sell in teh divers den are blue spotted ones, which are apparently much harder to keep.
Plus they're a lot more expensive, and harder to find.
I don't want to be responsible for killing one of them.
Pic:
DSCN0527.jpg

Agree with KJ on the mesh screen thing. Just go get some nylon mesh, and wrap it around the egg-crate frame you already have. Superglue gel should secure it

next time you get another one get the plastic botttle and do that it works a treate

How about that window screen material? That's what I used for a while on my 80g with spiny eels in it. It worked pretty well.

I'm sorry about your luck with jawfish. My only sw fish atm is a jawfish that I've had for about 2.5 years. They're pretty fun little fish.

I believe the window screens over here are made with metal in them or possibly something else. The screen I'm talking about is actually made out of bird netting. It's safe to use over the tank. Don't forget the tank condensates. Don't want it dropping nasties into the tank.

Huh, mine don't seem to be metal. I think they are plastic. At least they feel and look like plastic. I used it for a year or so before getting a better lid and had no adverse effects.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back