What Fish? Now, Jawfish Journals.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

n3ont3tra

Lets go Flyers
Reaction score
So, as some of you may have read, my midas blenny died a few weeks ago.
It looks kind of empty without him, so I want to get another fish.
37 gallon
no sump
no skimmer
~50 pounds of live rock
-mated pair of flame hawkfish
-1 clarki clownfish
-1 six line wrasse

I have lots of crabs and snails, and one coral, a ricordia, that's been doing very well for a long time.

Some fish I was considering are:
- sailfin blenny - i have some algae issues, and I know that although adding another fish isn't exactly helpful, I know my tank can support it and this will at least help aesthetically in reducing the algae. I see these in my lfs and I think they are pretty cool, they seem to have a lot of personality. This should be able to put up with initial aggression from the other fish until it settles in.
- Valentini puffer - I've always loved pufferfish, but i didn't get one because this tank was supposed to be a reef. But due to budget concerns, I can't see myself filling it with corals anytime soon. So the puffer is back up for consideration. It should also be able to fend for itself.
-Yellowhead Jawfish - this is probably my favorite fish ever. I had one before, but it didn't last very long. :/ I really want to try one again. I have plenty of sand in my tank. The problem would be aggression from the other fish, but I think that maybe if i rearranged the rocks before adding it, it might work.

Any thoughts?

I've always wanted a jawfish more. XD But I thought it would get bullied around by the other fish.

You'd be surprised, jawfish can stick up for themselves pretty readily

It might be a while before I get it, but I definitely will post pics when I do.

Hi again.
My jawfish should arrive tomorrow (I bought it online).
Would anyone recommend rearranging the rockwork tonight to help with aggression?

Best to do this , if possible, while acclimatising yer newbie tomorrow..do it tonight and they may have restaked their claims or be still in dispute while he is popped in

I decided to just do it last night since I was doing a water change anyway.
Named him Jaw. Very original. XD
He's doing good so far, he's only been in the tank for about an hour though. He ate some mysis so that's a good sign.

He still seems stressed out and hes really skittish but he's still eating. He made a small burrow in the front corner, but there shells are falling on him and he's too small to move them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back