What Fish? Now, Jawfish Journals.

:(

I woke up this morning and his burrow was sort of filled in.
I looked around around for him and found him at the top swimming around. So he was stressed.
Came home from school and it was dead.
I know the water is fine. The other fish are fine, they didn't harass it that much. Corals are fine. Snails are fine.
I guess they just don't adjust well.
Bad luck?
Idk.
I think I might try just one more time with a jawfish.

aww sorry that happened :(

Know how ya feel. I haven't seen one of my yasha gobies in almost a week now. Think it may be gone too.

Some are more skittish than others. It's my skittish goby that I can't find.

I got a full refund from liveaquaria for the jawfish.
And I bought another one. If this one dies, that's it.
:/
It's supposed to arrive tomorrow.
Everything looks good, tested the water, did a water change, scraped off the glass...
There isn't that much else I can do.
*crosses fingers*

And the one before that... long time ago. It was my first saltwater fish. It just didn't settle in either.

Remember to leave the lights off for the 1st day it's introduced?? Just trying to brain storm ideas for you to try...although you probably already do this one :)

when i got my blue spot he was the same very shy i bought barnacle for him to hid in he loves it now thats where he gose to sleep at i did have a pair at first but one died the next day just like yours but i got the barnacle i put a small class cup in the tank and filled it up with sand and he went strate in there (keep it on its side the cup)and never had any problems since give it a try it will work

Slightly nervous of putting glass in the tank (as strange as this sounds lol).
He's in the bucket, dripping water in now.
Everytime I check on him he opens his mouth real wide, so I guess he's alert. XD
I do turn the lights off for the first day, but tbh I haven't noticed a difference, the fish don't act any different to me.
I was thinking of leaving the lights on this time to watch him, but it probably won't help.

I also got a brittle starfish.. I was expecting it to be small. It's huge. Each arm is 4 or 5 inches long. lol. I did know they got that big, I just never expected to actually see one lol.

Uggh this is not looking good so far..
I checked to make sure the sg matched and put the jawfish in. I went to get a jug of SW to replace the water I took out while acclimating it, and while I was gone it jumped out. It was only like 2 minutes.
So I scooped it up and put the poor thing back in the tank. Now its hiding somewhere behind the rocks. And I put the top back on, but it's only eggcrate, it could probably fit right through a hole.
:/

I'm definitely turning the lights off.

trust me put the cup in mate it helps them so much it makes them feel safe and acclamte to the tank hope he is ok mate

regards scott

I'm afraid it won't make too much of a difference now.
He's sitting in the front, the same place the last one made its hole.
I don't want to disturb it.
*crosses fingers*

Just a quick update before I go to bed:
jawfish is still in the front corner.
It appears to be breathing regularly, but it hasn't moved much at all.
Hasn't dug a hole or anything.
Was trying to go towards the top for a while but the clown harrassed it when it moved into open water so it kept swimming back down.
Starfish is in the back corner.

Stupid fish. Came home from school and it was dried up on the floor. :( Jumped through one of the holes in the egg crate.
I don't have a recent pic, I'll take one soon tho.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back