What Fish Go Well With Peacocks?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Your Honor

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 60g with 6 peacock cichlids, 10 rainbow fish, 1 red tail shark and 3 pictus catfish. I really wanted to add some more color to this fish tank, but I am not sure what colorful fish can go well with this stocking. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Hello, I have a 60g with 6 peacock cichlids, 10 rainbow fish, 1 red tail shark and 3 pictus catfish. I really wanted to add some more color to this fish tank, but I am not sure what colorful fish can go well with this stocking. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
i need some photos, because a big red tail shark is basically all you can have for a 60g

ph
what type of rainbowfish
kh
tank details, plants,

i need some photos, because a big red tail shark is basically all you can have for a 60g

ph
what type of rainbowfish
kh
tank details, plants,
About 7.5 last time I checked (last week)
Boesmani, red, turquoise, slender and dwarf rainbow fish.
Around 14kh, again, last week
It has plenty of plants and hiding spots with rocks (which is where my red tail shark hide most of the time).
I will get you some pictures tomorrow morning as I am unable at the moment.
And by the way, the red tail is about 2-3 inches right now.

ph
what type of rainbowfish
kh
tank details, plants,
Also, do you recommend me moving my red tail to a tank of its own? Would it be happier?

We need :
pH
KH
GH
Well you mix Malawi's cichlids hard and basic water fishes with soft and acidic water fishes. Something goes wrong.

Also, do you recommend me moving my red tail to a tank of its own? Would it be happier?
RTS becomes bad-tempered when adult. I dunno if he would be happier, but other fishes will be safer.

RTS becomes bad-tempered when adult. I dunno if he would be happier, but other fishes will be safer.
I heard they only get aggressive towards other similar looking bottom dwellers, which is why I was planning to move the pictuses out

They get aggressive towards every bottom fish. Pity as it's a beauty !

Im not really very comfortable with mixing african cichlids with other cichlids. They are very aggressive. You got rainbow fish in there with the peacocks. Rainbow fish are not the most aggressive cichlid out there. It might not be an issue now as they might be juveniles. But once they get older all hell might break out. Consider adding other african cichlids and move the rest out. People have made it work though so be careful .

Im not really very comfortable with mixing african cichlids with other cichlids. They are very aggressive. You got rainbow fish in there with the peacocks. Rainbow fish are not the most aggressive cichlid out there. It might not be an issue now as they might be juveniles. But once they get older all hell might break out. Consider adding other african cichlids and move the rest out. People have made it work though so be careful .
But rainbowfish aren't cichlids?

But rainbowfish aren't cichlids?
No, they are not

I think bigroof thought you had rainbow cichlids, Heterotilapia multispinosa, which are central American cichlids.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back