What Fish Do You Think I Should Breed?

Hmmm....

  • Electric yellow cichlid?

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • German ram cichlid?

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fancy goldfish?

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angelfish?

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

fry_forever!

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
And please describe the reason, and how to breed the fish you chose. Also, please describe how to raise the babies.

I'm prepared with a couple tanks. I have 2 ten gallons and a 20 gallon set-up with livebearers, but there are not always fish inside each tank.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-f_f!
 
ram deffo
And how come? I read about them, and apparently they don't always take care of their babies. Is this true?

What should you feed the babies if the adults don't take care of them?

I'm severely allergic to most fish food that has been near bloodworms of any kind. (Freeze-fried, live, etc.) I can't even use gloves to handle them.

Thanks.
 
Fancy goldfish - they are gorgeous and a challenge to breed if its your first attempt however once completed it is relatively easy to repeat once you have done it.
 
I saw angles. Everyone loves them they are not too hard to breed and fun to watch them care for the nest. I feed my fry the tiny powder food you can buy at the store. With angles they will tend to the fry you can take the fry out once free swimming or let the parents tend to them.

Go do lots of research on the fish you choose. Good luck.
 
rating from 1 being almost certain you'll get fry & 10 being Knife Fish, Oddballs :rolleyes:
this is in IMO
most livebearers 1; convicts 2; killifish 3 fry difficult to care for tho; Kribensis & ram 4; electric yellow cichlids 5; bettas & angel fish 6; fancy goldfish 7; discus 8;(water chimistry wise) Clown loach 9 some say theres a way now :D; knife fish (ware house size tanks would probably be needed for a group of 6 lol)
 
Personally, I'd go with dwarf cockatoo cichlids or kribensis cichlids.
 
Need to know a tank size before any species is decided on


What Fish Do You Think I Should Breed?, In the 55 gallon tank I'm getting...?

banghead.gif
lol
 
Hmmmm. I'd have to go with the rams. 55 gallons is more than enough room to have success in breeding them. Rams are notoriously sensitive to water quality. I've never had problems but I guess thats something to consider.

Can't angel's be very aggressive to one another after mating?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top