What filter is best to use for a 20 Gallons Fish tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jean1984

Reaction score
I have a topfin silent stream PF20 Power Filter in my 20 gallons but I currently need a filter and petsmart is out of stock at 19.99$. Amazon are selling them at 60$ plus shipping which is crazy expensive for 6 filters.

I like Topfin but they dont have a website and the only supplier which have reasonable price is petsmart and are out of stock.

Any recommendations on which brand to go to?

Thank you.

I have a topfin silent stream PF20 Power Filter in my 20 gallons but I currently need a filter and petsmart is out of stock at 19.99$. Amazon are selling them at 60$ plus shipping which is crazy expensive for 6 filters.

I like Topfin but they dont have a website and the only supplier which have reasonable price is petsmart and are out of stock.

Any recommendations on which brand to go to?

Thank you.
AquaClear 50.

I use an aquamanta EFX 200 for my 13G tank personally. Works great, the water is crystal clear and is really easy to install.
External filters seem to be the most reliable (at least in my experience), so you could try to stay in that category depending on what you're looking for.

I use an aquamanta EFX 200 for my 13G tank personally. Works great, the water is crystal clear and is really easy to install.
External filters seem to be the most reliable (at least in my experience), so you could try to stay in that category depending on what you're looking for.
i think hobs are good because of how they can also be used as air stone

Depends on how high the water level is in the tank; mine don't, because I keep my tanks' level topped off.
haha yea, my old tank was always at this red line i taped on there. full tanks are hard to maintain especailly for me who was very makeshift back then without a lid

I use an Aquaclear 30 on my 20 gallon long. The tank is heavily planted, but I don't use any additional air. I too keep the tank topped up so the only gas exchange is from the exposed surface of the water. It seems to keep up.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back