What exactly is this breed of betta?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OMG_FL

Reaction score
I brought a betta from my local fish store two days ago
I forgot to ask what was it's breed called
Even though I know a few betta types this poor guy's fins are bit damaged so and I can't identify it correctly
I asked someone I know and he said it was a mustard gas betta but he wasn't so sure either

Betta experts please help me out 😊

Attachments

• PXL_20231216_164118405.jpg
    PXL_20231216_164118405.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 54
Looks like a Red Dragon scale to me. While I don't see any kind of fin rot. He does suffer from severe fin erosion and seems to be having an excess production of slime coat because of it. He also seems to have oubvious body discoloration... Your Fish seems to be suffering from proximity to rough decor.

This is mine.

sushi2.jpg

A perfect one.

4ddcd963d54c291114cd802496cf3944.jpg

I don't think rough decor was an issue here bcz he was in a small jar in the aquarium probably for 1-2 weeks
And I can sure that he didn't damaged fins in my tank either cuz his fins were damaged as much as they're now when I first bought him home
Also in my tank there are only some driftwood,live plants,sand substrate and some leaves which I don't think will damage his fins
Though I don't see any extra slime coat as you said
This photo taken with the flash might give you a better view of the fish

Attachments

• PXL_20231216_164102359.jpg
    PXL_20231216_164102359.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Maybe He is recovering from it. I don't think he has fin rot at the moment because it is often accompanied with brown fin tips and will evolve fast enough to see your fish fins shrinking by the day.

Left untreated it will completely eat the fins up to the body and will kill the fish.

If it reaches the base of the fins even treated they will never grow back.

Observation of the evolution of his fins is mandatory. An adequate treatment should be given if any signs of progression of the current apparent deterioration becomes visible.

His tail looks quite in bad shape. And should be under close suveillance.

You know how aquariums care about bettas
So I'll definitely keep an close eye on him
I added catappa leaves too cuz they help the fish to heal and reduce stress

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back