What does IQ mean to you?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

For me personally I don’t think it matters at all. Even by definition (from what I know) it’s said as a way to measure intellectual capacity, but that does not mean that person has enough knowledge to fill that capacity. For instance, if you can carry 10 apples, but actually only carry 8, but then only use 6, it doesn’t matter how much you can carry. Not sure if I explained my though well.

IQ indicates a certain type of intelligence, which is fine as far as it goes. But we've known for quite a while, and I think insightful people have always known, there is more than one way to be smart. :)

No...I could care less what someone's IQ is...plenty of "dumb" people that are SUPER successful and plenty of "smart" people that can't make it thru life...
MSDFOGU_EC001_preview-6f5fe67fd675494d82cf8ac3cb34ce45.jpg
I agree, like forrest gump😂

I hated IQ stuff when I was young. I hit on the lower to mid genius level being at 175-180. All these psych people kept wanting me to keep taking more and more tests. I just wanted to go out with my friends and play baseball and/or football. I basically refused to take any more tests yet they were forced on me anyway. I just started to deliberately answer questions wrong. It took a while but I finally got the idiots off my back.

So... does a high IQ equate a higher intelligence? No way in any way. IQ stands for Intelligence quotient. It is nothing more that an indication as to how well your ability to learn functions. Sigh, the last is probably badly said but it works in general.

Is my 'high' IQ the reason that I have five awards from Microsoft even though I am totally self taught in regards to computers? No, it is not. I won't say that my IQ didn't make it easier for me to teach myself this stuff but it isn't the reason that I succeeded. The reason that I succeeded is that it was of interest to me, not my IQ.

Nah I don’t like it. Just how I don’t like standardized tests like the ACT and the SAT (or PSAT) to determine intelligence. Some people (myself included) have a very hard time taking tests especially at a high school when you’ve been homeschooled your whole life.

IQ tests are good indication of how much training people have had with IQ tests, or how good your way of thinking fits with the test's concept of how one should think. I don't believe they have any real use and would hate to see them stream children into study areas.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back