What Do You Think Of My Tank?

gaz gun man

Fish Addict
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
943
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kent, UK
Hey all

I am slowly making improvements to my tank, like removing man-made decor and replacing it with natural things.

This is how the tank looked after cycling;

DSC_3697.jpg


Since then I have added some bog wood, and some live plants (I didnt order enough so I have some more on their way to me)
The entire left side of the tank is going to be redone, all those horrible plastic plants are going to be removed, and I have a small piece of bogwood to add some foreground intrest

So this is how it looks now;

tankafter.jpg


(I hate the brown algae on the plastic plants, but they will be coming out, and I am going to get a few Oto's to keep it at bay)

What do you think?
 
Even though this belongs in the picture forum, I think it is a great improvement. I dont like the gravel, but I dont really like any gravel. Sand or nothing for me. Real plants and real bogwood really set it off, what are your stocking plan ;)?
 
HORRIBLE LOOKING!

No, just kidding... :P . Looks good and alot better with the real plants and the wood

Ox :good:
 
It looks much better. I think the bog wood really makes it look good. i would love some in my tank but a lot of my fish like hiding in my orniments so i dont want to leave them exposed!!!
 
Yes, it's looking well nice - but I have to admit to liking the little cave you had before - although I do like the bogwood. I suppose it depends on the fish you're going to have in there - some really need a hidey hole, others don't.

So this is the tank with the algae problem then? It's actually not as bad as mine - I can see it on your plants and equipment but the glass looks fairly clear to me.

Yep, looking good and will no doubt be even better in weeks to come - Athena
 
seeing the alage on the glass really bothers me so I normally clean the front and sides on a daily basis.

my female gourami used to like the cave, but I am planning to have some pretty dense cover on the left she can use to hide in.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top