What do you make of this - on ebay

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I find that completely disgusting and offensive. When I had my betta he was in a 5 gallon tank and he was happy. imo, no fish can be happy living in a space that small, and imho we have every right to get angry at that seller, he/she must realise that what they are doing is wrong!

SailfinGirl said:
I find that completely disgusting and offensive. When I had my betta he was in a 5 gallon tank and he was happy. imo, no fish can be happy living in a space that small, and imho we have every right to get angry at that seller, he/she must realise that what they are doing is wrong!
they must?

perhaps they've never had a fish..or had any interest in fish...
why must we assume they know?

getting angry at the seller serves no purpose...

if the item truly angers you and hits a nerve...do something about it..whining and complaining about a seller who may or may NOT know anything about fish...is pointless...

Pretty much all the fish stores I have seen around here carry them. Spongebob is so popular right now, that they must be making a ton off them.

canoechiq said:
Pretty much all the fish stores I have seen around here carry them. Spongebob is so popular right now, that they must be making a ton off them.
Hi canoechiq :)

Since you have seen them, how much water do they look like they hold? :dunno: From just seeing the picture, it looks to me like about 2 cups, but sometimes pictures are misleading.

It looks to me like the cookie jar is probably bigger. :/

depending on what site you look at...
it is 8-9 inches high...4-5 inches wide

i'd say that seems like about 16 oz

well imho I think that is in no way big enough for any fish, even if it is a betta, and I'm perfectly well aware that they can survive in that amount but that would be all it was doing. surviving.

i think it's pathetic to get angry with a seller who knows nothing about fish and is simply trying to earn a living...

BlueIce hit the nail on the head. The seller is only trying to earn as much money as he/she can as quickly as he/she can, so they obviously don't care about the fish. Just the amount of money they can collect from someone who knows nothing about fish but buys the tank because their kiddy wants it.

I was actually thinking of buying one of these the first time i saw one online... Then I saw one in a lfs and they are TINY. They didn't have any sitting out, but the box was so small.

Needless to say it is not on my shopping list anymore.

Inchworm said:
canoechiq said:
Hi canoechiq :)

Since you have seen them, how much water do they look like they hold? :dunno: From just seeing the picture, it looks to me like about 2 cups, but sometimes pictures are misleading.

It looks to me like the cookie jar is probably bigger. :/
I can't remember off-hand how big they are.... but they are small. Probably no taller than 10 or 11 inches with the pineapple top. All the stores areound here are closed for Canada Day, but I will be at one on Friday so I'll figure out how big they are then.

I believe the container itself is about 5" tall and maybe 3 inches wide. My guess would be it holds between a cup and a cup and a half of water,2 at the absolute max. Deplorable conditions for a betta to live his life in.

I think it's real cruel...poor betta!
Betta's can be kept in small container but they won't be happy...my betta loves to strech his fins and swim around a lot, he also like a well oxygened tank...I can see anything thing in that small thing that would make him happy!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back