What Do You Feed Your Fish?

Gazpug

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Scotland, UK
Hello,

I am just wondering what you feed your fish as a general question. I feed my corys and cats JMC Cat pellets and my other community fish Tetra Pro Colour. The foods seem to do the trick accompanied with treats which include bloodworms, courjette and the odd feed tablet that you stick to the glass which they all love. Food is so cheap and lasts ages i was wanting to buy a really good quality food flake and pellet.


ta
 
Hello,

I am just wondering what you feed your fish as a general question. I feed my corys and cats JMC Cat pellets and my other community fish Tetra Pro Colour. The foods seem to do the trick accompanied with treats which include bloodworms, courjette and the odd feed tablet that you stick to the glass which they all love. Food is so cheap and lasts ages i was wanting to buy a really good quality food flake and pellet.

i was after feed that brings out the best colours in the fish and give the best nutrition

ta
 
Quality brands and mixed diet is good. Frozen is good too at intervals. My mixed bunch of cory take a couple of algae wafers during the night.
 
tetra pro colour flake sinking catfish pellets plec wafers frozen blood worm amd frozen tubifex worm cucumber ( plec) frozen cichlid diet live bloodworm and daphnia
 
Fish Flakes. (Still have a can, not done.)
Ocean Plankton, Hikari Brand.
 
i feed the corys - JMC catfish pellets , algae wafers and then whatever they get that sinks from the fish
Fish - bloodworm , spirulina , daphnia , brine shrimp , hikiari micro , guppy flake food , tropical flake , algae wafers , tubiflex worm
Shrimps and snails - sera shrimp pellets , catfish pellets and bloodworm

thats about it am going to start feeding them veg soon as i've heard its good for them all

Cheers Sarah xxx
 
I prefer Hikari. Tetras get the little itty bitty tetra pellets, and the rest (which are bottom feeders: loaches and plecos, lol) get Algae Wafers and Sinking Wafers. That's about half their diet, though, if that: the other half is veggies and bloodworms and brine shrimp.

The ADFs get brine shrimp or bloodworms. Usually I feed them first, and the leftovers go into the 60gal.

The Bettas get the Hikari Betta pellets, along with the occational bloodworm or brine shrimp.
 
Hikari and Wardley dry foods - tropical flake, micropellets, algae wafers. For extra treats, shrimp pellets, dried brine shrimp, and tubifex. I also use Omega 1 frozen bloodworm, daphnia, and whatever is in their community mix, and live blackworm when it's in stock locally. Plecs, snails, etc get a slice of zucchini every night. Once or twice a month, I feed boiled and mashed peas.

Sounds like a lot of stuff, and it does take some planning to keep the schedule in order, but it makes for a very varied diet. I found the more I vary their diet, the more active some fish become, and reluctant eaters like my keyhole cichlids or synos are more eager at feeding time.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top