What do I need to add to this 10 gallon ? And what species of fish should I add ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The water in my tank is slightly tinted what could be the problem ? It’s tinted yellow or tan

The water in my tank is slightly tinted what could be the problem ? It’s tinted yellow or tan
That's just tanins from the wood. They are beneficial for fish and they stop leaching within a few weeks or months. But if you want to reduce them you can do water changes or use activated carbon in the filter.

For a 10 gallon with soft water you do have some options. Some types of killifish, betta splendens, a pair of certain wild betta, ember tetras, micro rasboras……

i think khuli loaches need more space than this 10g

with some floating plants, a betta splendens should be good, but it might attack the snails' long eye stalks

you could also get some boraras, since they can be kept in small tanks

another option would be to get only male or only female poecilia reticulata/wingei so it does not breed

yeah i just got a 10g backup tank and it looks alot longer
maybe it is wider
Kuhlis need a shoal of at the very least 6, and much preferably 10-12. Plus they need a soft sand substrate.

So I don’t do anything ? I scraped it off with a tooth Brian that’s what a website said to do. So it’s ok?

It isn't necessarily biofilm. Some types of wood are known to grow fungus, and occasionally it's one which is toxic to fish. But if your snails are OK, it should be a non-toxic one. Just scrub it off when it appears and hopefully it will stop growing eventually.

So I don’t do anything ? I scraped it off with a tooth Brian that’s what a website said to do. So it’s ok?
yes, if it isn't harming your fish before, it shouldn't do any harm when it is scraped off.
mostly after a few scrapes the algae/fungus disappears

Most reactions

trending

Back