What do I need to add to this 10 gallon ? And what species of fish should I add ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Noodle332

Reaction score
I want to make my tank super natural I have 5 mystery snails and I want a fish but I want one that wonā€™t eat my slime children ! And one that can live in a 10 gal hereā€™s a pic :) thx also Iā€™m a beginner
279FF7BD-3D65-4E68-AF77-D3CF7B30BDF5.jpeg

Great looking tank! Welcome to the forum. Before we can give you accurate suggestions for fish to join your snails, it would be helpful to know your water hardness. If you donā€™t have a test for it, you should be able to find this info on your local water companies website:)

I use reverse asmosis water :) and I added flourish to give the helpful minerals back to the water

I checked the line and it says that my town on average has a water hardness of 100 to 300 ppm

I had koi fish in my tank itty bitty little guys no one told me that the stupid rumor was false ā€œthey grow to the size of the tank ā€œ agg so I rehomed my koi fish called mushroom and rain to my local plant nursery with a koi pond they are happy now with lots of space to grow :) I brought them there today

When I got my first fish I never new that a part of me was missing and my sweet koi babyā€™s filled that part and made me whole again I miss my little guys :(

I want to make my tank super natural I have 5 mystery snails and I want a fish but I want one that wonā€™t eat my slime children ! And one that can live in a 10 gal hereā€™s a pic :) thx also Iā€™m a beginner View attachment 308852
IDK why but that looks small for a 10g. Almost looks more like a 5.

It was from pet smart a 10 gallon starter kit
It came with heater and filter and thermometer

Iā€™ve always wanted a Kuhli louse :) just a fact about me :)
i think khuli loaches need more space than this 10g

with some floating plants, a betta splendens should be good, but it might attack the snails' long eye stalks

you could also get some boraras, since they can be kept in small tanks

another option would be to get only male or only female poecilia reticulata/wingei so it does not breed
IDK why but that looks small for a 10g. Almost looks more like a 5.
yeah i just got a 10g backup tank and it looks alot longer
maybe it is wider

The sides are as wide as if you were to split the front in half
Could you measure the dimensions? We donā€™t think youā€™re misleading us but stocking options for a 5 vs a 10 are so drastically different, we just wanna be sure for the well-being of your fish šŸ˜Š

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back