What disease is this!?!?! And what should I do!?!?!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I apologize to OP. We seem to have taken over your post. Let’s get back to your concerns. Let us know when you get the meds and we are all here to help you out, Good luck!

I am not for a moment suggesting we should not treat or medicate where required. It was the mental image of a bunch of aquarists running around with black bags to ensure they are prepared for any emergency. Fish aren't that fragile and keeping fish is not that hard. But it does require discipline. I am always amused at fish profiles that read "only suitable for experienced fishkeepers".
Gotcha! We normally see eye to eye on most things so no worries. We can have different opinions at times. Lol

I am not for a moment suggesting we should not treat or medicate where required. It was the mental image of a bunch of aquarists running around with black bags to ensure they are prepared for any emergency. Fish aren't that fragile and keeping fish is not that hard. But it does require discipline. I am always amused at fish profiles that read "only suitable for experienced fishkeepers".
Well once again thank you everyone for helping me, I can tell you one thing is that I learned way more than one thing today and yesterday, all of this knowledge will help me become a better aquarist. I am studying to get a degree in aquaculture also,

I

I am well aware of all of this,@Lilyann. I always look at parameters, is tank cycled, temps, food, etc before going on to attempt to help a member. We do our best, that is all we can do. I have years of experience as you do and my bff is an aquatic research analyst which helps me so much. I originally suggested clean water and salt but then after thinking more decided we needed to go with the Kanaplex and Furan. I am puzzled as to why you are questioning this as you too, eventually suggested the Kanaplex.
Ill keep my nose out of the health/illness section. Seems like its already covered by a resident crew. No worries.
Dint mean to ruffle your feathers.

Well once again thank you everyone for helping me, I can tell you one thing is that I learned way more than one thing today and yesterday, all of this knowledge will help me become a better aquarist. I am studying to get a degree in aquaculture also,
That’s great! We need you here.

Ill keep my nose out of the health/illness section. Seems like its already covered by a resident crew. No worries.
Dint mean to ruffle your feathers.
Please conversation me if you’d like to talk further. We welcome you.

I apologize to OP. We seem to have taken over your post. Let’s get back to your concerns. Let us know when you get the meds and we are all here to help you out, Good luck!
I’ve learned a lot from both of you, it’s really cool to see both sides of the discussion, and I ordered the meds and they will be here by the 15th.

... Only then do you go on to possible pathogens/secondary illnesses: parasitic, bacterial, viral. 9 times out of 10 they are the result and not the cause.
Well IMHO that's a contender for quote of the week :good:

Attachments

• A02B875F-1D5C-4DC7-9916-EFC56F4658F8.jpeg
    A02B875F-1D5C-4DC7-9916-EFC56F4658F8.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 81

Most reactions

trending

Back