What Did You Do To Your Tank/s Today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Finally replaced the chipboard in the bottom of my cabinet. You wouldn't believe how swollen the bit that came out was!  In the process of our renovation we had to dismantle our linen cupboard, and its shelves were tongue and groove pine, so I cut that into appropriate lengths and fitted them to the bottom of the cabinet.

If I get home in daylight hours sometime, I'll post some pictures.

What an awesome thread! Today I cleaned my canister and added some polishing pads to it. Poly fill. Water is crystal!

Cleaned my canister filter out and did a partial water change.

In the process I noted that my latest batch of mystery snail eggs have hatched (surprising, because the male one passed away a month or so ago, and then the eggs were laid long after that). I hoped to distract the fish (look! Bloodworms!) but I fear most of them have already been eaten. Maybe my fish like crunchy shells on their food. Still, If I get 3 or 4 to mature I'll be happy as a clam.

Nothing exciting!
sad.png

Test the water in all 3 tanks - all perfect apart from slight ammonia in 60L (0.25ppm)
Fed the occupants of all 3 tanks
Will be doing partial water changes later.

Did a

50% WC on the 5ft, pulled the wood and java fern so i could make sure to get mulm hidden behind them. Refilled by bucket so they wouldnt get a total temp shock
50% WC on the 2.6ft Common BN (CBN)tank, moved what i could out to give it a good go
50 WC on the 2.6ft Albino BN tank (ABN), moved some things to make sure nothing drastic was hidden

Now i have made a discovery....food for thought!!

The CBN does not have any cherry shrimp in it and the mulm that came out of the sand substrate was, if i am honest, disgusting!
The ABN tank has a large colony of cherry shrimp in it and hardly anything came out of the substrate.....

Both tanks had their last WC at the same time, both tanks get the same amount of food, both tanks have very close to the same amount of stock in them

I have now moved cherry shrimp into the CBN tank....

I truely believe that cherries are keeping the ABN tank spotless, even to the point of breaking down/or eating the BN faeces.....quite a startling discovery. I knew they helped, but didnt quite realise just how much til today!

Rescaped today, Looking great. Now I am really debating on starting a 20 long shrimp tank or mini reef tank.

25% on the 4ft
25% on the 3.5ft
25% on the 2.6ft
75% on the nano shellie
25% on nano betta
Top up of nano cherry tank

Noticed my other Mystery Snail (in the 130l, has been alone for 4 months in the way of snail companionship) has laid yet more eggs.

Also debated whether to move my cherry barbs into my newly scaped "mini fish" tank and converting the 200l into an South East Queensland-scape (add some more Rainbows and some gudgeons - both firetail and purple-spot). The local watercourse where I caught my Rainbows has both, so I can only assume they'd all get along.

Noticed in the 130l tank there are now three nests of mystery snail eggs, and yet another in the 200l tank. I still have some babies in the 200l tank, so it looks like I'm going to have a snail bonanza shortly.

The last few days have been hectic tankwise here

3ft - 100% WC
2.6ft - 25%WC
2.6ft - 100% WC
2.6ft - 100%WC
2ft - 100%WC
1ft cube - 100% WC
Nano - 50% WC

And still gotta tackle the 5ft

Got distracted while my 35L was refiling and came back to a flooded kitchen.

daizeUK said:
Got distracted while my 35L was refiling and came back to a flooded kitchen.

:X oops!

Finally found some time to do a quick 30% water change on my 10 gal. Am so glad i closed down all my other tanks, don't think I would have had any chance in doing any more over the last couple of weeks!! :lol:

filter clean and 50% wc on 5ft
30% wc on 4ft
50% wc on 5ft
50% wc on 4ft
50% wc on turtle tank

Cleaned all the glass inside and out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back