What Could This Be O.o

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

-Nemo-

Build-A-Reef
Reaction score
I discovered this thing about 30 minutes ago, and ever since have been watching it. I'll try working on a picture, but atm its in the back of the tank and its small so it doesn't show up well on any pictures.

It reminds me of my conch. The first thing i thought when i first looked at it was a baby conch. It has the "elephant nose" and two "antennas". Sorry I don't know the scientific terms :p Its no bigger than a dime, and there's a definite difference in color and texture from the "nose" to the rest of it, the whole thing is a greeny-yellw color. It was on a piece of rock about 4" off the sand and was using its "nose" sucking on the rock like the conch does on the sand. I tried looking up baby conchs but could find absolutely NO info.

It could be a coincidence or not, but today i bought a frag of xenia, the tank it came from had a queen conch it among many other things.
Just went to get another look at it, and its moved :/ no clue where it went. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Thanks for any info.

Maybe a Margarita Snail? That particular snail looks like it has a "nose"

Stomatellid perhaps?

DSC06553.jpg

DSC06551.jpg

I don't think thats it Danno.
Miagi, That could possibly be it. I did my best to take a picture, when i saw it again. And yes, I know i have bubble algae :p My emerald crab has yet to find it.

whatisitra7.png

If its the Stomatellid, do you think it came from the xenia?

Looks like a Stomatellid to me. There are better pictures than mine found on a GoogleImages search. It could have come from any new introduction, including your previous LR, a coral purchase (including your zenia), or even a bunch of macro-algae. :good:

Most reactions

Back