What Could I Use To Divide My Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pinkdolphin_113

Sinclair Aquatic Systems
Reaction score
i am planning on encouraging my corydoras to breed again in the near future but i also have a pair of kribs in the same tank which eat the eggs before they go hard. i am hoping to divide the tank, next time, so the corys are on one side and the kribs and tetras are on the other. this could also encourage the kribs to spawn as the tetras (dither fish) would be closer to them. it may not make a difference at all but its better than them being on the corys side.
i would be keeping the division there until the eggs go hard so i can scrape them off the side of the tank.

but what could i use?

i would need something that wouldn't harm the water or the fish. something that would still enable the water flow through the tank yet keep the fish divided.

anyone got any ideas?

how about trying something like a sheet of clear perspex or plexiglass/acrylic drill holes in it and fix it in position with the little clips on suckers , you know the type of thing used to hold cucumber lettuce etc in place .

no worries hope it works the drilled sheet is the best i can come up with to still allow flow only thing is wether those clips would be strong enough alternatively perhaps you could hold the bottom in place with rocks and tie the top off somehow

hi m8 u say about removing the eggs after they gone hard i removed the eggs wiyhin minutes of been laid obviously u have 2 be there asweel while spawning but u could remove virually straight also the cory's will eat the eggs 2 so devidinbg the tank isnt always the perfect option but it owuld help save a lot more eggs :)

jen

hummmm, i tried removing the eggs about 5 minutes after they were laid but they just seemed to pop :unsure: i dunno, im just gonna leave them for a while and try keep the cories away with a peice of air tube lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back