What Can I Keep With Guppies?

meehan09

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello all iam just wondering what other small tropical fish will go with male guppies? with out any stress/fish problems etc etc.


I hope somone can direct me the right way, thanks :good:
 
well it depends on tanks size and stocking realy
 
I was thinking 3 male guppies and some other smaller fish to go with them without problems, its 90 - 100 gallon tank i think, so small fish will be fine has iam not getting too many, just 3 male guppies and some other kind of smaller fish witch will be ok with the guppies etc etc.


hope this helps and you can help direct me :), cheers :)
 
are you sure its gallons not litres
 
possibly litres then sorry :(, just need to know what will be ok with the guppies really? i only want the smaller choice of fish?
 
ok ill let others answer that as only normaly keep them on there own
 
Hi I keep my guppies with platys.
Have kept them with neons and mollies in the past with no problems too.
 
Ok no problem, thanks, hope someone can help me out.

Are they best to be kept alone, ive heard some littler fish are ok with them but not to sure thats why i thought id ask.

Please let me know if theres any off the smaller kind witch will be ok with the male guppies.

Ok so the neon tetras and the mollies??

If iam keeping 3 male guppies will they be ok together or will they need females?

Thanks
 
I have 2 male guppies along with 2 honey gourami and 7 black neons. Everybody gets along fine. They are in a 10gal tank. If anything, the guppies totally keep to themselves and the only rift is between some of the BNT. Hope this helps. :)
 
I have never kept female guppies. I prefer the males they are prettier, and have never been bothered with breeding. You don't need females, but if you want some (they Will breed btw) then you have to have at Least 2 females per male, otherwise they will get harassed to death by the males.

Sorry if i have missed it but what size is your tank?

I will give you an example- I used to have my 88 litre (23gal) tank, with 2 platys, 2 mollies, 4 neons, 4 guppies and one plec.

I now have 3 platys (+3 babies), 4 guppies and one plec.


Or- you could have like zebra danio's they are quite nice I used to have them in with guppies before too.
 
Ok thankyou all, I have gone for male & female guppies, and neon tetras :)

Ive also gotten a metae catfish :)



Thanks for everyones advice :good:
 
I have guppies, platties, young mollies and Neons all living peacefully together.

The male guppies are too busy chasing the females and the females are too busy fighting them off to bother any of the neons. The neons also just do their own thing and just ignore the other fish!!
 
Ok thankyou all, I have gone for male & female guppies, and neon tetras :)

Ive also gotten a metae catfish :)



Thanks for everyones advice :good:


I think all the suggestions above regarding the guppies have given you a fair idea on what fish to keep with them, however you will need more the cory's to keep the one you have company... they a schooling fish and require there own kind to feel more at ease, they are placid little fish and dont and wont harm anythink so with you wanting a nice peacful community tank they are ideal, getting at least 3 more should be ok but adding another 5 to bring them up to 6 would make them much happier.

You need to really get the same species aswell, ive found metae dont really mix with other species of cory but they are not uncommon and if you shop around you should be able to find some easily enough :)

jen
 

Most reactions

Back
Top