What Can I Do With This

jess6905

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
562
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
upstate new york
Alright so our rope fish is in my 30 gallon right now(hopefully moving to my 55 soon) with my 2 bn plecs, and my 3 schwartzi cory cats. I know they need tank mates that won't fit in their mouths, and that are very peaceful. When the switch happens 1 plec will be moving with the rope fish but the corys and other plec will stay in the 30.
Since it is being stocked around my hubby's fish I am having him help pick the fish, so as many recommendations as possible please. He does like glass cats, so we will probably get a few of them. I like rainbows and tetras, but don't know which ones to look into and wouldn't mind something a lil different. We do also plan on getting another one or 2 rope fish when we can find them again so there needs to be enough room left for them. any help is appreciated.
 
For my 55, also centered around rope fish I am getting congo tetras, african knives, a pleco, african butterfly fish and peacock eels.
 
my reeds of which i have 4 have been perfect aquarium community fish
mine are about 16 inch long now and haven;t caused any problems, i;ve kept them withbig oscars, clown knife, fire eel bichir and ray as well as rainbow fish
i wouldn;t put small tetras in with them cos mine have no problemfittingbig prawns in their mouth
 
What kinds of tetras and rainbows would be appropriate sized to be tank mates with these guys? I'm considering congos at the moment.
 
Yes, congos grow nice and large. Other tall tetras like bleeding hearts, diamonds, phantoms. Nothing small and short like cardinal and neons.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top