What Came First

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The egg, egg cells have been around for millions of years.

If you meant "chicken or chicken egg" then the egg, layed by a species that was not at that point classified as a chicken, but an extremely closely related 'transition species', most likely a subspecies of something else.

Thing is, humans with scientfific taxonomy werent around back then to actually witness the evolution of the chicken, but that's probably how it would have gone if we were, probably using DNA sequenses to determine the transition species.

Lol.

i've always said egg.

My reason is some strange bird laid an egg, in this egg was a mutant bird. this bred, more mutants ect this became the chicken.

Next :lol:

fail3jpeg.jpg

McChicken Nuggets came before the Egg McMuffin! :(

lol good question!

i would say the Egg, in the literal sense. dinosaur's were laying eggs long before the chicken evolved. but in the case of the chicken, surly it would be the chicken. i assume the first chicken came from an egg laid by its immediate progenitor, ie, not a chicken.

didnt two species of bird hybridise, creating the chicken? Therefore two birds produced the egg, and then the chicken came along. :good:

didnt two species of bird hybridise, creating the chicken? Therefore two birds produced the egg, and then the chicken came along. :good:

indeed so. but the bird that layied the egg would not have been a chicken, so its egg would not have been a chicken egg, whatever came out of it. err i assume. :hyper:

indeed so. but the bird that layied the egg would not have been a chicken, so its egg would not have been a chicken egg, whatever came out of it. err i assume. :hyper:

Depends if you class a "chicken egg" is an egg laid by a chicken, or an egg that contains a chicken. :p

Depends if you class a "chicken egg" is an egg laid by a chicken, or an egg that contains a chicken. :p

Didnt they think the chickens closest relative was the T-REX

coelurosaurian dinosaurs like the Raptors, and The tyrannosaurs, are the ones that developed into birds, i believe. but it would be a big leap to say T-Rex was their closest relative Archaeopteryx would seem to be that.

and in answer to the question on the egg, No, if the egg were laid by the progenitor of the chicken, even if a chicken came out, it would not be a chicken egg. lol though it would be an egg with a chicken in it!

I cant believe this topic has taken off. Lol Thanks for the responses was bored at working looking to get in trouble :hyper:

If the egg came first, whatever laid it, where did that come from a egg? what about whatever laid that egg? where did that come from? another egg? what about what laid that one? where did that come form? a egg?

hmmmm

Living cells are what everything starts from i think.

Where on earth, yes, earths in the unvierse, yes... whats the universe in? whatever the universe is in, whats that in and so on and so on....

The answer is always a question on life...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back