What Book (or Books) Are You Currently Reading?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

For some reason it still had me dreaming about vampires 3 days later.

Vampyres :p

I'm reading a different book every day, ATM- I don't feel in the mood for a long book, or anything too serious, or anything too whatever, so I'm working my way through all my old kids books. Horrible Histories, Little Old Mrs Pepperpot, that sort of book size. I need to get more Discworld books- I've read all mine many times and need some new Pratchett. Probably some of the earlier ones I haven't read yet- Small Gods, Pyramids, those sort. Thinking about reading Harry Potter series again soon. Urm... I might read The Historian again too, while most of the book is, IMO, pointless and undeeded, the last chapters involving Vlad are fantastic. I'm currently awaiting the release of Lady Friday, the next in the Eragon series and a couple of others I've forgotten.

I just finished Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Verne. Next in line is Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. :book:

I have read 20,000 leagues 11 times and slauterhouse - five 27 times and that is no joke i love those books .

I can recite Slaughterhouse-Five by memory.

I love that book .

"This book is a faliure because it was writen by a piler of salt."
"It starts like this (Billy pilgim has become unstuck in time.) And it ends like this( Poteweet?)"

I just finished Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Verne. Next in line is Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. :book:

I have read 20,000 leagues 11 times and slauterhouse - five 27 times and that is no joke i love those books .

I love that book .

"It starts like this (Billy pilgim has become unstuck in time.) And it ends like this( Poteweet?)"
It sounds like we might have a similar taste in books. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I recently joined a sci-fi (speculative fiction as they call it) discussion group at my library and we are reading this month The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein. I haven't done this much reading since college! :lol:

Salt Water Aquariums For Dummies.. Its my 3rd time reading the whole book ... woooooopieeee :crazy:

I love that book .

It sounds like we might have a similar taste in books. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I recently joined a sci-fi (speculative fiction as they call it) discussion group at my library and we are reading this month The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein. I haven't done this much reading since college! :lol:

I read a book about the size of Slaughterhouse-Five every two days.Who new that reading is an expensive hobby???

I recomend Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury by far one ofthe best book i have ever read.

Also Catch 22 is a good book i dont know who it is buy.

The First Men in the Moon and the The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne are also vary good.

I read a book about the size of Slaughterhouse-Five every two days.Who new that reading is an expensive hobby???

I recomend Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury by far one ofthe best book i have ever read.

The First Men in the Moon and the The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne are also vary good.
Pricey - absolutely! That's why I've been trying to borrow as many books from the library as I can although it would be nice for my personal collection to grow.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll put them on my list.

My local library is good but someone stole my library card and took out about a $200 worth of books and cds and never returned them.
The lebrary wants me to pay $300 for the stolen books that I DID NOT STEAL!!!!!!!! Canot go there any more.

Just got Stephen Kings - Cell, and will start reading it tonight.

read a book about the size of Slaughterhouse-Five every two days.Who new that reading is an expensive hobby???

Wow redstratplayer, you probably recited my favorite books there.

I just finished State of Fear my Michael Crichton, and now Im reading Andromeda Strain.

I am looking in vain for other Kurt Vonnegut books at the library. So far I have read: Slaughterhouse-Five, Timequake, Cats Cradle, and I almost finished Breakfast of Champions. I still want to read so many of his books though, i cant seem to find them though. I would definitely recommend Vonneguts books.

I'm about to start reading "We were soldiers once...and young" by Lt. Gen Moore and Joseph L. Galloway.

Ive read Darren shann (SP,can't be botherd to get the books) series.Also very simple language (because it's for teenagers) there is very good plots,twist and secrets which makes you carry on reading,eventually to the 12th one in a month :p.Also there is loads of blood, gore and disturbing things(very disturbing :alien: ).If any of you guys have childrin who don't like reading books.Get the first book cirque du freak (SP).As the series goes on it gets better!

Most reactions

Back