What Book (or Books) Are You Currently Reading?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BALINTOY

Reaction score
My friend has just loaned me 2 books by Dave Pelzer (A child called it and lost boy). Quite sad reading actually.

:(

The Dave Peltzer books are so tragic,especially as the events were allowed to actually happen. I am reading "Dead Witch Walking" by Kim Harrison at the moment.

I'm currently reading "The Prince", by Machiavelli (brilliant, it's going to be on my favorite's list for a long time), and "Sew Basic", because I suck for hand crafts.

Also reading Saikano and Genshiken, but most people don't count graphic novels/manga.

I am currently reading (for about the 50th time :lol: ) The road to madness which is a compilation of stories by H.P Lovecraft. I have a few books containing his work which are a 100% mainstay of my reading habits, I have read and reread them all multiple times and never get tired of them.

Howard Phillip Lovecraft never published an actual book in his lifetime (except for a badly implemented attempt in The shadow over Innsmouth, but this could hardly be classed as a proper publication for various reasons), only submitting short stories to sci-fi and horror pulp mags of his time before having his complete works collected and made available for publication by collegues after his death. In my opinion he is one of the greatest literary masters of all time and was well ahead of his day. It is a pity that he died at the young age of 46 due to intestinal cancer as he was a prolific writer capable of creating so many more captivating stories if he'd been given the time.

The Dave books are tragic, since having Bu I can't cope with things like that, I personalise them to much and feel real "rage" that someone could harm their own child. Having said that, I did lose interest when I found out he'd written like 5 of them, I prefer when people overcome adversity and triumph, not dwell on it forever - but I think she damaged him to badly for him to ever get over his feelings and go out and be a whole and stable person.

Anyway...just finished The Flying Yorkshireman - started off entertaining, rubbish ending. Rereading "A walk in the woods" and "Doctors". Must do the charity shops for some new lit. I have read everything I am interested in and had to go back to old favourites.

I'm pushing through a book called "Tales Of Edgar Allan Poe" ( :S )
It is quite twisted, to say the least. I have to read it one story at a time and take two day breaks in between them :p

I'm also trying to get the second book of The Dark Tower series by Stephen King, I read the first book back in february :lol:

after finally reading the DaVinci code.. and LOVING it.. I've just started on Angels and Demons. Not really able to get into it though. But maybe that's more because I haven't had the time to sit down and really read it either. I prefer reading an entire book in just a day or two, otherwise I lose interest.

I love all the Dan Brown books :nod: read them all one after the other :good:

I'm currently on Sea of Fire by Tom Clancy, but I'm not in a reading mood at the moment so I've been on it for weeks :rolleyes:

Arfie

Didn't like the Da Vinci code, I thought the story was good, but the writing was exceptionally poor. He'd have been better off getting a "proper" writer to tell his story. Having a good story doesn't make a good writer, it's the telling.

My favourite author is Stephen King. I know some of you will go "Eh, crappy horror books?" but it's again his method of storytelling that I love, it's like he wraps you up in the story he's providing, giving you the history of each and ever character and their deepest secrets. He's highly under-rated as a serious writer, and is by far the most descriptive and whole writer I've read.

However, at the moment I'm in between books. I've just finished Peter Straub's In the Night Room which was disappointing. I liked Black House (co written with Stephen King) and didn't mind The Throat. I'm going back to either a re-read of a John Grisham in the cupboard, or maybe Thomas Harris tonight - what do you reckon?

Have just finished Lee Childs 'One Shot' and started Matthew Reillys 'Ice Station', great fast moving story lines :)

I am currently reading

DaVinci Code
Matrin Johnson's autobiography
Ceclia Ahern - Were Rainbows End
Terry Pratchet - Guards Guards

I tend to have a different book in each room of the house - living room, bathroom (for the bath), bedroom & spare room.

Reading ATM Again for the 3rd Time = James Herbert - The Rats Trilogy
Starting Lionel Shriver - We need to talk about Kevin
Read - Eragon + Eldest by Chritopher Paolini which is being released in December - eragon movie
Ordered the Inkheart and Inkspell Books by Cornelia Funke

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back