What Beta?

Miss Wiplash

Reaction score
yesterday added my first fish to my 48x 18 x18 inch comunity tank.

I currently have

1 clown pleco
5 glass catfish
20 neon tetra's
4 bumblebee Catfish ( the LFS said the only get to three inches but i think ive read different)

I love the colours of Beta's Would One be ok in my tank? And any sugestions which one?

My only concern would be the glass catfish. I'm not too sure how well the betta, and the glass catfish would work.
I know alot of people keep bettas in community aquariums.

You could always try it. I use to hear how aggressive bettas are, but I have one male who just swims with all of my female bettas, and he's completely non-aggressive. :)

As to which betta to choose, there are so many kinds depending on what you like.

Jen :D

Bettas have their own personality...I have one in a 5 1/2 gal with a pleco that is VERY small (hasnt grown any in 1 1/2 month) "Bubba" is VERY aggresive!! He wont allow any other fish in there except for "Little Bit"...So putting a Betta in a community tank is up to the Betta you get if hes not aggresive then yea...You just have to try him out in the tank, but watch him and the other fish..I would hate for the Betta to kill one of them, and you dont want the other fish to pick on him

Good Luck

Just in case the betta doesn't get along with your other fishes, you may want to be sure you have another tank prepared and ready. That way if he or she doesn't get along, you can put him or her in the other tank alone(or buy fishes that will get along with betta). -_- It's ALWAYS good to have a back up tank(emergency tank). :) I've learned my lessson. I had only one tank and I kinda knew that my guppy was pregnant and I didn't have any back up. :eek: She give birth and as you can imagine, I had to run out and get another tank! :crazy: Not smart, but everything is fine now. :D

good ideas guys

I have two more tanks anyway one 24x12 x12 which is my quarenteene tank#

and a spare 24x 12 x12 so i should be ok

Hey sounds good what everyones said, just wanted to let you know the tetras may nip at his fins, so watch for that! My female was down to almost no tail when I kept tetras! :sad: I felt so bad! Good luck with what ever you do!

hey have i mentioned i LOVE bettas?! :wub: :lol:

I think all of them would get along, certainly the neon tetras. They get along real well with bettas. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back