What Are Your Fish Keeping Pet Peeves?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TooManyChoices

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Mine...I HATE mixing species from different continents!

I won't preach the extremes of biotopes but when I see brigade of platties with some dwarf gourami's, a kribensis buzzing around and some corydoras...I see RED! XD

So what are your fish keeping pet peeves?

Brightly coloured gravel.

the_lock_man said:
Brightly coloured gravel.
+1 on that one!
My pet hate is people thinking of fish as disposable commodities.
I also don't like fast swimming fish - like danios that zip about the tank like there's a tiger on their tail! I like a tank to be relaxing to look at.

+1 on the gravel.
My biggest must be fish in cycling. Especially when they know there are other options.

Unnatural looking tank decor - so yes neon gravel, sponge bob decs, diver air stones :/

I know these are used to encourage children, but I want my children to appreciate the natural look :)

Most certainly that horrible neon orange/pink gravel I see in that 20L bowl homing 2 goldfish and a funny looking ornament of a fish/frog/coral that people tend to enjoy. 

Other people not listening to your advice, recent one for me was a relation, setup a perfect 60l fully cycled and around 10guppies, she then bought 2 Knife Fish! And expects me to do the water changes!

Mine would be People with the wrong stocking: Ie. temperament.
Ive seen oscars with goldfish and guppies with cichlids.

I hate seeing tanks with black lights going, glo fish and bright neon gravel. It's not natural.

Being over an hour away from the closest fish store that supplies salty. 

In terms of actually hobby practices, I've given advice to a few people getting into the hobby about the dangers of over stocking and compatibility and I've got replies like I'm some kind of fish freak. 

CJH0825 said:
I hate seeing tanks with black lights going, glo fish and bright neon gravel. It's not natural.

Not to mention dyed fish!

Why does the plant-growing lighting have to be so expensive? 
unsure.png

I too prefer the natural look! 
yes.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back