What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yay! Glad to hear that! Now charge da phone 😂
I sort of cheat a bit. My main computer, phone, modem, main display and router are all on a battery backup as is my tank. Power goes out and I kill the computer and display. The battery backup will probably keep my phone router and modem going for several days as they all have small power draws. I don't use a cell phone so that is not a factor for me. In an extended power outage my battery backup for my tank could be a factor as it would only last for mayhaps a couple of hours just powering the filter/air pumps and heater but I've been in my apartment for 10 years come December and have only seen, I think, 2-3 outages that lasted more than an hour.

If power went out for an extended period I'd just use my laptop. Sure, the laptop battery will only last 4-5 hours but I also have what is called a jumper box and a 100 watt power inverter. A jumper box is really just a really strong battery with jumper cables for jump starting a car but it also has a USB charging port and a car cigarette lighter type power outlet. My AC adapter for the laptop is only 70-75 watt so I could just plug the power inverter to the jumper box and use to re-charge the laptop. Not the reason I got the jumper box and this would be a bit convoluted but I'm sure that it would work even though I've never tried.

Not suggesting that you get what I have as, like said, it is a bit convoluted but with just what I have for other reasons I could probably keep on-line and phone for a minimum of three days, probably longer. Look around and you may also find things that could supply power to at least keep a phone charged for an extended time.

Oh, I should add that all I said above would depend on Spectrum cable still having power. If they are out my phone and router would have nothing to which to connect. I really have no idea, but if I were running things, there would be backup generators.

Anddddd our power and water is out again
That's riiiiight! You're on well water I think, right? So when the power goes out, your water does as well.

Sometimes it's like that here in the Carolinas when there is a bad storm. The power just goes in and out all the time.
Sorry it's out again. I'm sure the utility company will be right on it! (Hopefully)

That's riiiiight! You're on well water I think, right? So when the power goes out, your water does as well.

Sometimes it's like that here in the Carolinas when there is a bad storm. The power just goes in and out all the time.
Sorry it's out again. I'm sure the utility company will be right on it! (Hopefully)
Correct. The estimate for power renewal is sometime tomorrow. Unfortunately I rely on my heating pad to keep the burning pain under control and I do not have that. So the pain is severe. Before it got bad I painted a painting by flashlight light.

It’s 2x3 feet
46FE215A-9B22-4A6A-811C-E5A4E6084975.jpeg

Correct. The estimate for power renewal is sometime tomorrow. Unfortunately I rely on my heating pad to keep the burning pain under control and I do not have that. So the pain is severe. Before it got bad I painted a painting by flashlight light.

It’s 2x3 feetView attachment 306341
Yah I thought about that with the power going out and then not having the heat to keep the pain away... I was wondering how you would handle that.
You should definitely get a battery back up surge protector. Then you can plug in a heat pack and use that. You can also plug in many other things as well that you might need during the power outage as well...

Beautiful fox btw! I really like it :)
Especially since you did it in the dark with only a flashlight! Pretty talented!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back